Allparts guitar necks

Dealt with Allparts quite a bit but not for necks..

I make all the necks that go on my stuff so that ain't surprising. If it was me I would want to select a neck as it is the single most important part of any guitar IMO.

Allparts are an decent and quick supplier of fittings etc but I know where most of their stuff is made so you will maybe find it a bit of a crapshoot.

At the lower price point though you could get lucky and at the very least you will have something you can hack about on.

I may be wrong (and I usually am, just ask my wife), but AllParts necks are from Fender Japan. I really like them. I've used a few, and they seem great. If you buy say Mighty-Mite, they're Fender Mexico, and they just seem 'wrong'. That hole at the nut with a walnut plug to adjust the truss rod just screams 'cheap' to me. At least Fender Japan and the AllParts necks adjust at the heel, and look like an old Fender neck (if that's what you order). The 10" radius bugs me, so no neck is perfect. The last neck I ordered was actually the 3-bolt big headstock with the bullet truss rod, but it had a 7.25" radius, so it felt right. Before that I did a Jazz bass, and the neck was great.

Dealt with Allparts quite a bit but not for necks..

I make all the necks that go on my stuff so that ain't surprising. If it was me I would want to select a neck as it is the single most important part of any guitar IMO.

Allparts are an decent and quick supplier of fittings etc but I know where most of their stuff is made so you will maybe find it a bit of a crapshoot.

At the lower price point though you could get lucky and at the very least you will have something you can hack about on.
Well, I don't have the equipment or the experience to do a neck from scratch.... But I can level and crown frets. I'm going to level and crown the frets on any neck I get. The fretwork isn't as important as the quality of the neck and fretboard.
Are the fretboard dot markers and side markers positioned correctly and not crooked?
Is the fret board a nice dark color or is it that sick looking light colored rosewood I hate?
Are the tuner holes correctly positioned?

Things like that.

I'm not crazy about a lot of Fender necks I play/examine, so, I certainlycwouldnt shell out over $300 to an ebayer for one I've never even held in my hand.

I may be wrong (and I usually am, just ask my wife), but AllParts necks are from Fender Japan. I really like them. I've used a few, and they seem great. If you buy say Mighty-Mite, they're Fender Mexico, and they just seem 'wrong'. That hole at the nut with a walnut plug to adjust the truss rod just screams 'cheap' to me. At least Fender Japan and the AllParts necks adjust at the heel, and look like an old Fender neck (if that's what you order). The 10" radius bugs me, so no neck is perfect. The last neck I ordered was actually the 3-bolt big headstock with the bullet truss rod, but it had a 7.25" radius, so it felt right. Before that I did a Jazz bass, and the neck was great.
Yeah I agree. Mighty mite isn't an option. I'm basing this Tele on the mid to late 60's telecasters....it's going to be a mate for my '66 strat(neck wise)
That means no truss adjustment access at the headstock and no skunk stripe on the back of the neck. Also, a maple fretboard would have to be a 2 piece neck not a one peice I had thought allparts was fender Japan too by the way. There is warmoth, musikraft, and usa custom guitars who do necks also but the are high and none of them have exactly what I want without charging through the nose for it. I don't mind paying good money for a neck but I'm not going to get stupid about it. Allparts seems to offer close to what I want right out of the box. I'm not crazy about paying for a neck and waiting 6 months to have it built.
So, bottom line it's going to have to be an "in stock" item.
Just wondering who has used their necks and what input I could get
Thanks for the response

Well, I don't have the equipment or the experience to do a neck from scratch.... But I can level and crown frets. I'm going to level and crown the frets on any neck I get. The fretwork isn't as important as the quality of the neck and fretboard.
Are the fretboard dot markers and side markers positioned correctly and not crooked?
Is the fret board a nice dark color or is it that sick looking light colored rosewood I hate?
Are the tuner holes correctly positioned?

Things like that.

I'm not crazy about a lot of Fender necks I play/examine, so, I certainlycwouldnt shell out over $300 to an ebayer for one I've never even held in my hand.

Depending on your budget you may want to approach a few local guitar makers and have them quote you for an unfretted neck made to your speck. I have done a few in the past for people and it can be cheaper than you may think especially unfinished. At least then you still have the custom brand and it's yours without compromise with a reliable warranty. Just a thought.

Depending on your budget you may want to approach a few local guitar makers and have them quote you for an unfretted neck made to your speck. I have done a few in the past for people and it can be cheaper than you may think especially unfinished. At least then you still have the custom brand and it's yours without compromise with a reliable warranty. Just a thought.

That's what I wanted to do but I'm way out in the sticks and don't really know of anybody who does electric guitar necks. There is an old guy I go to church with that does acoustics, and they are pretty good though mighty pricey. Anyway, he dosen't really have the templates to do a Tele neck and headstock like I want. He's not excited about doing something different either. One of those old dogs/new tricks things I guess.
I bought an unfinished alder tele body from a guy in Arkansas that has a blemish in it for $40. All the routing and drilling are done and it just needs a bit if finish sanding and will be ready to go...incredible deal IMO. The blem is a non-issue for me because I'm doing the body in gold flake. Anyway he works with another guy who does neck and he highly recommends him. So I asked him to hook me up with the neck guy.
He tells me the neck guy us supposed to call me....never happened.

I can't get the guy on the phone and he won't text me back.
That ticks me off.

That guy does good Tele bodies and I'm sure his strat bodies are good too. I got the blem Tele body for $40 and his prestine unblemished Tele bodies are $75.

Way below most builders price on a quality alder Tele body. I was going to put the word out and send some business his way...but this "neck guy" deal has pissed me off so he can drum up his own damn business as far as I'm concerned.

I said all that to say this:
Allparts or another big supplier is plan B.

Last edited:
Unless you're patient, this is the best bet for now; Telecaster Tele MJT Neck Aged Allparts | eBay

I usually see quite a few necks and bodies on eBay, and sometimes you can get a crazy deal. But luck and patience are key.
That's a nice neck and thanks for the link. I don't want the truss adjustment at the headstock one piece neck though. I want a 2 piece neck with preferably an ebony board...but I may have to settle for rosewood if I go with allparts. Their ebony fingerboard Tele neck has everything I want but is only available in 7.25 radius. I want this guitar to have light strings and low action so I really want at least a 10" radius.

I could have gotten everything I wanted on a ebony board neck on eBay but it was a no name Chinese neck without much of a description. If I buy a neck that I can't closely inspect beforehand, from someone I don't know...it's at least going to have to be a brand name I can research.

Back