Aliens

stratmonkee

Just finished tracking this one , 1st mix , tried to cop the x files show theme on the intro with guitar, as well as close encounters vibe on the outro...Im sure mix is wack, but my ears are shot , so fresh feedback welcomed!

LOL :geek:
This feels very "in the moment", love it!
But, why do we have to shoot them down and kill them? ...That just seems lazy.

Aliens, aliens... Can't wait for them to return
Aliens, aliens... Their fingers taste like gummy worms 😋

The entro is very wide and atmospheric, lovely!
But, as soon as the drums come in, everything seems to get compressed into a black hole 😕

Then the solo brightens everything up again! 😁

LOL :geek:
This feels very "in the moment", love it!
But, why do we have to shoot them down and kill them? ...That just seems lazy.

Aliens, aliens... Can't wait for them to return
Aliens, aliens... Their fingers taste like gummy worms 😋

The entro is very wide and atmospheric, lovely!
But, as soon as the drums come in, everything seems to get compressed into a black hole 😕

Then the solo brightens everything up again! 😁
Thanks Japov, I collabed with a friend on this, he did the lyrics, I did everything else. I did want an entirely different feel from the intro bit to the actual song, kind of a faraway reverb sound to a close dry feel. Thanks on the solo, attempted another change in the soundscape on that part with a little more reverb feel. Same with the outro.

The vocals can be tough to make out in spots. Pitchy in spots.

Guitars and synths sound good.

When the song kicks in just after the one-minute mark, I wanted something that hit me in the face a little more. The song kind of builds up to a big kick in, and then it's just a little kick in. The snare sound doesn't have a lot of power; I think that's doing some of it.

The vocals can be tough to make out in spots. Pitchy in spots.

Guitars and synths sound good.

When the song kicks in just after the one-minute mark, I wanted something that hit me in the face a little more. The song kind of builds up to a big kick in, and then it's just a little kick in. The snare sound doesn't have a lot of power; I think that's doing some of it.
Thanks for the listen, I think I will try another run at the vocals, see if I can get them in tune better ;>). Agree about the build let down, going to change that as well, and get that snare cracking a bit. Will post a updated version , thanks for your feedback TripleM!

I listened yesterday, but had no time to comment.
A great song, quite long at 6mins+.
This could be a theme for a TV show featuring aliens.
The intro is rather separate from the main song, but to me the mix is fine.

I listened yesterday, but had no time to comment.
A great song, quite long at 6mins+.
This could be a theme for a TV show featuring aliens.
The intro is rather separate from the main song, but to me the mix is fine.
Thanks for listening, I'm thinking the extended intro and ending is maybe a bit much? I'm just having fun with it , but a more concise /edited version would probably work better. Like the radio edit of Foghats "Slow Ride" back in the day that cut out the jam at the end ( really showing my age ) :LOL:

Haha the video is cool.
I like the atmospheric effects and the chorus changeup. Nice jam!
Thanks man, I appreciate the listen and comment!
Some spots got stale for me.

Maybe make a radio cut

and leave all the creative stuff for the stadium.
I need to work on my edit/reign it in skills I think! If you didn't like this one, wait till my next one I'm finishing now ...:LOL:o_O, another sci-fi epic , and its too late to turn back now :ROFLMAO:.

Seriously thanks for listening and the feedback, I truly do appreciate your comments

Back