After many hours...tis finally completed with vocals Please Help With Final Touches!!

The rumble & wind at the beginning need to be lifted - too quiet. I'd keep either the sustained bass note or rumble under the intro guitar - like you have in the interlude - it's a little naked.
I like this except for the death metal voice that drops in occasionally. Maybe a little mids in the guitar & a little definition in the bass?
Good song, good work.

Interesting bass (synth>?) at the intro - but like rayc said could be lifted a bit to match the rest of the song. Bass could use some highs? but that's because I like bass with more definition (check out rayc's stuff for example).

The two styles of vocals - regular and growly - are a nice effect and both have been performed well. Your singer is very good at this young age. He sounds much more mature.

Guitar(s) and bass are tight and raunchy. The drums are equally impressive.

Recording is very good - everything has it's space within the mix and is clearly audible.

Can you provide details of your recording - like signal chain and mics? What kind of guitars/amps are being used?

Well done......

:D :) :D :)

digmudvayne4lif said:
thanks i was also thinking the wind was a little soft. As far as my gear:

Signal chain: Behringer sl2442 mixer>behringer uca202 interface>computer(usb) Pretty basic.

Amps: Behringer Ultrastack Cab w/Kustom Quad 100 head, a little 25w Dean Markley bass amp

Guitars: Jackson DKMGT guitar, Dean Edge 1 Bass

Mics: cad 5 peice drum set, Audio technica mb1k
You've got some great sounds out of your gear.....thanks for the details.....
That 25 watt bass amp sounds pretty cool! Kustom head - does it have the padding/leather that it had way back in the 70's? I had a Kustom guitar amp years ago and I rented a Kustom bass head a few times for the "big" gigs...
:D :) :D :)

Arrrr, you want it cruel eh? Let the butchering begin, mwahahahAHAHAH!!!!1

Well, first of all, the song is actually pretty decent. The playing is very tight aswell, nice job! Now the production:
- Wind is too soft.
- Intro guitar sounds like either a cheap reverb unit or a basement recording. The guitar sounds rather cheap aswell. The sound is not up front enough, or not ambient enough if that's what your going for.
- The distortion is super screetchy with way too little mids. Also sounds recorded in the same basement. The screethy highs also steal way too much attention.
- The bass is muddy and undefined most of the time (when the guitars aren't doing much it's ok).
- The vocals are pretty decent, but again, the same basement sound which is really ugly. Get the hell out of there dude, it's killing your tracks!
- The kick sounds like a cardboard box, and an small one at that.
- The snare sounds has little punch and is totally overpowered by the cymbals and guitars.
- The cymbals are waaaay too loud and harsh. Hi boost on these things is badbadbad (in this situation).

That's it :) Harsh but as honest as I could be, I hope you respect that.

Halion said:
Arrrr, you want it cruel eh? Let the butchering begin, mwahahahAHAHAH!!!!1

Well, first of all, the song is actually pretty decent. The playing is very tight aswell, nice job! Now the production:
- Wind is too soft.
- Intro guitar sounds like either a cheap reverb unit or a basement recording. The guitar sounds rather cheap aswell. The sound is not up front enough, or not ambient enough if that's what your going for.
- The distortion is super screetchy with way too little mids. Also sounds recorded in the same basement. The screethy highs also steal way too much attention.
- The bass is muddy and undefined most of the time (when the guitars aren't doing much it's ok).
- The vocals are pretty decent, but again, the same basement sound which is really ugly. Get the hell out of there dude, it's killing your tracks!
- The kick sounds like a cardboard box, and an small one at that.
- The snare sounds has little punch and is totally overpowered by the cymbals and guitars.
- The cymbals are waaaay too loud and harsh. Hi boost on these things is badbadbad (in this situation).

That's it :) Harsh but as honest as I could be, I hope you respect that.

good juicy stuff. Im gonna try to put in those suggestions. I cant change the drums though cause they were recorded into only one track. I recorded this stuff in my beadroom but maybe since i have nothing more than a couple blankets up it sounds like a basement. I actually recorded the intro with a really crappy guitar on purpose to add a certain effect to it. thanks for the critique though.

Back