Advice for newbie on best interface

Froggyhoss

Hi I want to start some basic home recording. I have Cakewalk software but no interface on my PC to connect to it. Can anyone recommend an interface, I want to use my midi keyboard, guitars and a mic, is there one interface that will do this. I don't want to spend too much say upto £70ish., thanks.

All currrent interfaces will do the job capably. Your budget will determine the brand and the number of inuts you can get. The UMC404HD would be fine.

Hi I want to start some basic home recording. I have Cakewalk software but no interface on my PC to connect to it. Can anyone recommend an interface, I want to use my midi keyboard, guitars and a mic, is there one interface that will do this. I don't want to spend too much say upto £70ish., thanks.
Dude I had a Focusrite 18i20 and I "downgraded" to a Behringer UMC204HD.

Not only do I prefer the fact that the UMC204HD is USB powered, but also it sounds better to me, at least, than the Focusrite. So I'd recommend the UMC204HD from behringer or the 404HD like Papanate said.

Did you decide on an interface?

PS: I like the nickname! Because I could do this weird frog ribbit imitation since second grade, I've been "Frog" something for most of my life. I've been Sonicfrog since 2005, when I started my blog.

Back