Adobe Audition for Power PC Macs

KujaSE

Hey everyone,

Newbie here. I'm hoping someone can provide a little insight into an issue I've been having.

I'm just a hobbyist in terms of recording, and wanting to have a computer dedicated to recording, I picked up a used iMac off a friend. Now, I know Adobe has recently released CS5.5 (I believe) and this is the first version of Audition for the mac, correct?

Is there any way to run this on a power pc equipped Mac? I'm having issues installing Flash etc. Runs youtube/surfing the net just fine, and I can run the newest version of Reaper with no issues either. I just much prefer Audition.

Any help at all would be wonderful, in terms of how I could get the trial version to work. Thanks in advance.

Mike

This was asked in the Audition User forums a few months back and the answer from Adobe was negative. Since Apple no longer support the Power PC chips,they didn't develop the software for that platform. For previous versions of Audition, some people had good success running it on Macs using "Parallels" or "Boot Camp" but, again, I believe those are for Intel Macs only.

Sorry.

Back