Adobe Audition 5.1 speakers help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sortax

Hello. I am new to Adobe Audition. I was using Cool Edit Pro. I recorded a track in multitrack and when i hear it it's only from the left right speakers and not from all the speakers. In Cool Edit Pro I dont have this problem. Is there a way to fix it in Adobe Audition? Thanks!

What I use:

Windows XP

Sounds Blaster X-FI Platinum (Audio Creation Mode)

Speakers Logitech X-540

Adobe Audition of course

Which version of Audition are you using?

I use Audition 3 and under the hardware setup, the third tab is for multichannel. Five outputs are listed, I would check those to make sure they are set correctly.

I assume that you're using cool edit on the same PC? I was going to suggest mixing it down and using VLC player or a similar 5.1 player to confirm it's audition.

Let us know what you find.

Nic

Hello. Thanks for the reply. I use Audition 3. My 5.1 speakers works fine in any other application (Cool Edit Pro, Any 5.1 Player Etc.). When I play with my guitar in Adobe Audition I hear fine in the 5.1. When I record I hear fine the 5.1 too. It's when I press the "Play" button. I only hear what I've recorded in the Front L/R. There is an output button in the multitrack for each track which is selected "Master". When I select (as example) "Side L/R", I can hear in my Front L/R and in my Side L/R but I can't hear the "Center" one that is on my Dell 19" Screen. In "Edit > Audio Hardware Setup > Surround Encoder > Output Channel Mapping > 5.1 Channel > Output Port" I use these settings:

Left:[01M] Front L/R

Right:[02M] Front L/R

Center:[05M] Front C/Sub

Low Frequency Effects:[06M] Front C/Sub

Left Surround:[09M] Side L/R

Right Surround:[10M] Side L/R

Which is the setting that currently works to hear in the 5.1 when I play with my instruments inside Audition or, as well, record.

Maybe It's setted wrong tho that's why I would appreciate if you can tell me your settings please. Thanks alot!

Tho, I've loaded and old session in Adobe Audition that I've recorded the last week on Cool Edit Pro. The same session in CEP I can hear all my instruments (Drum, Guit, Bass, Vocals, Keyboard) in all my speakers. But in Adobe Audition, the same session with the same tracks etc., I can only hear everything in the Front L/R speakers.

Last edited:
I actually have a home theater receiver connected with digital optical. I hoped it was something simple and was just offering what little experience I had.

Nic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back