acid pro

raven46

i have two questions

i have soundforge 8 and acid pro 6 when i save a song from my vf16 to the p.c. i can open and work with them in soundforge no bother but in acid pro i cant even open a song the name of the track apperas at the left hand side of the screen i have also tried extacting audio the same thing happens is there something i have to do in the setting

in soundforge i can extract audio from a cd i want to use just a small portion of a beatles song in one of mine for the craic, i have extracted the piece i want to use which is from the middle of the song and just over 20 secs my song is 6 mins and i want to bring in the beatles bit around 5:35 to play out towards the end of the song i have opened up both songs but cant figure how to stick them together, can i even do this with the sony software

any help would be great

when you upload a track into acid...it automatically thinks it's a sample/beat of somekind. you need to "draw" the event onto the timeline yourself. the default tool will be a little pencil, when you're mouse is up where the event "should be." just click and drag, it'll draw a bit of it. then, you can drag out both ends to be sure your whole track is there.

acid is more geared towards beat makers, people who do remixes, and using loops. just recently, multitrack recording has been added to it...which is very similar to house multitrack recording works in sony vegas, too.

soundforge is a 2 track, very detailed audio editor.....

so, take the programs for what they are, if you want a multitrack recording/editing program...and like the feel/flow of acid and soundforge...grab vegas. it does video too. it DOESNT do vstIor DXi though....or tempo mapping, or a few other things some people get peved about. haha.

shackrock cheers for the info man, i know what your sayin about acid pro i got it after hearing a recording done by a guy with the vf16 mixed in acid pro and mastered in soundforge
but so far ive not been able to get the tracks open i'll do what you said later and see how it works out

what about adding that beatle song to the end of mine i would love to try it out, in my head the way i hear it i think it would sound deadly(then again it could be shite), can you do this in any of the sony software what software would you recommened,

i had a quick look at vegas that seems like a movie studio prog but i will look at it again in more detail later

shackrock i did as you said in your last post and it worked, nice one

it is a little awkward setting the tracks up so they are all playing together when using the draw in tool,

when i had a song together i saved it,but i could'nt open the file in soundforge or play it in itunes or windows media

Back