Absolutely (This Is A Story Of A Girl)

Dimmybeat

I've been "playing" guitar for 2 months now.
I liked this song by Nine Days when it first appeared on the radio. I didn't think I could do it at all, but I tried... Here's what it turned out like:

This is my first complete recording ever where I used guitar (I tried to record songs before, but I never finished anything yet. I only released a few MIDI and XM tracks over the years).

It has been recorded from scratch through a SBLive card with Cakewalk 8.0. I played my Suier Standard Strat through a Fender Frontman 25R amp which I miced with a single Shure SM58 mic. The mic went into the soundcard through an ART Tube preamp.
Bass and drums are pure MIDI.

I would really appreciate if anyone could tell me on how could I improve my sound.

nice sound overall...maybe a little too precise, possibly the midi contribution...drstawl seems to use midi in a way that has a more "live" sound, if that makes any sense....you did a good job on the guitar and vox...maybe a little verb on the vocal would be cool....gibs

How many lovers would stay, just to put with this SHIT day after day....you forgot to say SHIT...nice rendition though, but please remember to say SHIT...gibs hit with that midi thang. For two months...your doing well.

Garger

lol

Thanks guys...after a few days I listened to the mix again. And hmm...I NEED TO RE-RECORD VOCALS. Cause they're weak and whiny :)

Garber...I admit that I should've said SHIT in the place. But look, I picked up the lyrics from a tab-file somewhere on the net...And that's exactly what it had in there. I kinda liked it and something has come upon me that evening so I didn't do it the right way for some reason. I am going to re-record the whole thing in a few days.

I want to make the guitar cleaner (perhaps, move the mic somewhat away from the amp). And also make the vocals stronger.

Concerning my vocals, I am starting to slowly realize that I could probably be much better off singing the boy-band stuff :) I just don't seem to get that crunching bass out of my throat that sounds good in a rock song.

[This message has been edited by Dimmybeat (edited 07-29-2000).]

Dude....
You've been playing only 2 months?
Pretty damn good for only 2 months!
All I can say is "keep it up"... you're off to a really good start. Nice job for a beginner. :)

Back