Aardvark Direct Pro 24/96

Gentlemen, gentlemen, please!
By Vegas I meant Los Vegas (Nevada). Gambling debts. A joke. *blushing* You can tell I'm a novice, I didn't even know of the EXISTENCE of a Vegas Pro. My bad.

No, I'm the proud owner of a SB-Live card, a pirated (and basically useless because of bad cracks) version of Cubase and... this PII 350mhz comp. (not much else, for now)

And Eddie, I (not Dobro, but I can easily understand how you mistook the keyboard thing as being his - when you reply, the board becomes a guessing game as to who said what) am a pianist first and foremost. I'd love to play on a real piano, but my appartment, budget and need for midi would not give me such a luxury. The money invested in this is necessary to keep my fingers (and soul) happy.

-Tag-
*every journey has a first step*

Don't mean to rub it in, but you can't record much (except a sort of cha-ching noise) while dropping your dough in Lost Wages, Nevada.
And this board is far from a guessing game in the sense you suggest. I just #&%^ed up by
composing that while distracted and confused!
And was too lazy to proof it before hitting the submit button. My apologies for the waste of bandwidth; Each post is clearly identified with the sender ID. And Dragon has been cool enough to include an entire blow by blow history below each reply composition window.
Just scroll down while you compose.

[This message has been edited by drstawl (edited 10-05-1999).]

By scrolling down during a reply, you'll notice that my original paragraph pertaining to Keyboards could have been mistaken as being written by Dobro (given the absence of dividers between neighboring replies). That's what I assumed had happened. Wasted bytes indeed.

And just to keep things straight, I've never been to Los Vegas, nor do I intend on ever going. That was meant as a bit of humour. The only things I've spent money on in the last year are: music gear, a PC, food (no booze, cigarettes or restaurants), rent (shithole with a roof) and bicycle repair (only means of transit).

No vacation, no clubbing, nothing other than playing, practicing and reading up on digital recording. Trust me, I'm a walking freak of the musical sorts, with his priorities straight.

Sorry for the mixup and the room this is taking on a perfectly interesting thread. I'll keep my interventions to what's pertinent and cut the fat.

Pulling out for now,

-Suntag-

I noticed the lack of message dividers, figured out how the member IDs on the left corresponded with the mesages on the right, then became distracted and confused by an intruder with another project and forgot what the *^#^ I was doing. I was then confronted with the send message screen and thought I already had it handled. My mistake.

& yeah- I see what you're saying about the scroll down version. But if you look close you can see the 'vertically centered' nature of each post relative to the Poster ID at the left. Not as clear as the color coded gray and white fields included in the original display of the post. I only hope you can show Dragon how to rectify this shortfall...
I sure can't! :)

[This message has been edited by drstawl (edited 10-05-1999).]

Well, I've taken a beer and this thread has become completely impossible to follow!!

<burp> and who's recording in Vegas?? Fair play...some very successful people post messages here...along with low life drunks like me.. smiley face thing, where are you???

Um, yeah, someone talked about the Roland A90, I've got one, beez balls, would not be without it. The majority of its piano sounds, to be honest, are mediocre (good if you want to play John Lennon's "Imagine" but not a lot else) but there is ONE sample sound that is seriously good. A totally live, bright and deep grand piano sound...absolutely splendid stuff.

Mmmm...bed.

Well, I've taken a beer and this thread has become completely impossible to follow!!

<burp> and who's recording in Vegas?? Fair play...some very successful people post messages here...along with low life drunks like me.. smiley face thing, where are you???

Um, yeah, someone talked about the Roland A90, I've got one, beez balls, would not be without it. The majority of its piano sounds, to be honest, are mediocre (good if you want to play John Lennon's "Imagine" but not a lot else) but there is ONE sample sound that is seriously good. A totally live, bright and deep grand piano sound...absolutely splendid stuff.

Mmmm...bed.
Hello people of my childhood 🖖

Back