"A Trip to Nowhere" (Rocker)

Sounds great. I found the pick attack on the bass a little distracting. Bass level was good, just that attack seemed a little too much - maybe draw it back some. The outro bass part was nice too.

Yep. Strong bass.

The 'road to nowhere' leads to Ozzy Ozbourne..So, you gotta trip it. One pellet, one trip. 88 miles an hour!

Sounds great. I found the pick attack on the bass a little distracting. Bass level was good, just that attack seemed a little too much - maybe draw it back some. The outro bass part was nice too.
I've got it highly compressed. I'll bring that back a bit and the pick attack should drop. Thanks for the thoughts!

I've got it highly compressed. I'll bring that back a bit and the pick attack should drop. Thanks for the thoughts!
Keep some of the attack - I actually like some of it, sounds like some Chris Squire early Yes. It was just a little to prominent.

Your Compressors break or something?
Not to my knowledge. :D

I do have this mixed aggressively, though - even if my first pass at it was over done on the compression. I went back in and came down on the compression. Everything was a little too "shouty".

Not to my knowledge. :D

I do have this mixed aggressively, though - even if my first pass at it was over done on the compression. I went back in and came down on the compression. Everything was a little too "shouty".
Well it's too much to my ears - there are better ways to make the music aggressive - and it's not with Compression.

Well it's too much to my ears - there are better ways to make the music aggressive - and it's not with Compression.
I'll relisten w/ that in mind. I HAVE been mixing a little too loud of late, and even noticed it myself. I've had to go back and redo several "shouty" mixes.

Case in point. I wrote a whole essay on it. I pressed save, and it disappeared. Sorry.

Last edited:
I'm serious. I'm kind of pissed that the whole thing just vanished. It was a half hour of instruction that disappeared.

Back