a modern blues - "Neon Blues"

GONZO-X

Neon Blues:
this is the only song on the new album that was directly influenced by the Covid Pandemic.
The name of the album is Elemental; Neon is the 10th element on the periodic table of elements; Neon blues is the 10th song of the album.
The 1st half of the song, is to represent the lockdowns, the social pull back, the fear of the future, the heartbreak of the relentless wave of bad news… the 2nd half represents the pushback of science, the battle against the virus, the struggle to get back to a fully functioning society.

The Battle is not won yet. Hence the vibe of the song is both sad and hopeful at the same time.

album here:

Bandcamp:

Last edited:
Love me some Bats Brew! Very clean production as always. I'm hearing some smooth, thick guitar sustains - very Joe Satriani here. Very nice - especially those harmonies. Great chord change t the 2:50 mark. Real kickass guitarwork in the final quarter - particularly that wah.

How are you doing the drums? And how are you recording the guitars? Axe FX USB direct in? Sounds fantastic. Are you guys a band?

Love me some Bats Brew! Very clean production as always. I'm hearing some smooth, thick guitar sustains - very Joe Satriani here. Very nice - especially those harmonies. Great chord change t the 2:50 mark. Real kickass guitarwork in the final quarter - particularly that wah.

How are you doing the drums? And how are you recording the guitars? Axe FX USB direct in? Sounds fantastic. Are you guys a band?
thanks so much stevie, for listening and commenting...
drums are superior drummer 3.

the guitars and bass, are all done using a Strymon Iridium.

this is all me, i wished i could put a band together to do this stuff.

these files that stream from soundcloud,

were uploaded as 24 bit/48khz files, mastered for about -14 LUFS.

the actual cd files were mastered a bit hotter

as a side note,
i just got toontrack's 'the rooms of hansa' and man, what great sounding kits and rooms...

already 3 songs into the next album!

Back