A Huge..... Huge..... Thank You!!!!!

bachelorb

Cowboy Chord Virtuoso
Well… here I am staring at my latest configuration of a studio. I look at every piece and can relate it to someone’s help here. When I started, I started with a 4-track Portastudio in a travel trailer. Now I have a setup I think I’m going to really like. A base to start getting better quality components rather than quantity… Anyway… Where to begin…..

Thanks to RFR for the whole rack idea even in the trailer. This got me started on the whole concept of how my studio is set up now. In addition, I have to thank ecc?? (Dave), and Famous Beagle for teaching me cabling and “tip, ring, sleeve” and normaling and having the patience to help me get it through my thick skull. In addition I want to thank Miroslav and others for helping me with workflow, studio build, and the hybrid concept.

I definitely wouldn’t be where I am without ??? (the tape wolf), Dave, Skywave, and especially Sweetbeats and all their technical help. Even when I was farming, I always bought something on its last legs and tried to make it better. Here it was 7 tape players and three mixing boards. All of them (….save one…. Sorry Cory :)) work to some degree when I finished, and they would have been a puddle of silicon if I tried it without y’alls input. When I needed to understand something, I would just youTube “Sweetbeats Tech Shop”, and I could usually learn something new over there. Or…. Search the Analog forum and someone here from years past would have the answer.

Oh….. and I want to thank everyone involved who converted me into the patchbay camp. It seemed like every post I made, someone would be “I would use a patchbay”, and I’d be like “yeah…. yeah….” . Ok…. OK!!! Now I see the light!! Now I just have to figure out how to magnify patchbay labels for these old eyes :D

I’m sure I’ve missed a ton of folks who have helped and for that I apologize. Does this mean I am through asking stupid questions? NOT ON YOUR LIFE!!!! This is how I learn…. So y’all still have some work to do. …… sorry about that :facepalm:

I’ve thought about writing this a number of times. This is a very enjoyable hobby for me, all because y’all take the time and help.

Thank you again,
Brad

You're welcome, Brad...glad to be a help.

You're good part of this community. I appreciate your contributions and attitude and glad you're here!

Wow! Never been publicly thanked before :)
I think all of us have kind of been rooting you on.
You’re a good guy, and not an asshole lol:)

You’re a good guy, and not an asshole lol:)

I just went out to my wife and said "Hey!!! Someone online said I'm not an an asshole." .....she looked over her glasses said I was still an asshole...... :D .... but thanks anyway.....

Well, I’m mot married to you, so I have a much more favorable view. She might know better. ;)

Back