a "genre-free" instrumental

I enjoyed listening. The style reminded me of Medwyn Goodall, David Arkenstone, and even a little Pat Metheny. Nice work.
Joseph

While I wouldn't say it goes beyond genre, it's a beautiful piece. It has lovely space, is so relaxing and calming and is steady, yet subtle and inventive, even though it feels repetitive.
Good stuff.

I think there is slightly too much overall low-end, perhaps in the intro bells. The guitar tone is smooth with nice delay and rich space. Tastefully played. How did you record it? Mic'd amp or an fx processor like a Kemper or Helix? Might add some reverb on the cymbals as they are perhaps too dry against the other instruments. Creative work! How did you record the horn instrument?

I think there is slightly too much overall low-end, perhaps in the intro bells. The guitar tone is smooth with nice delay and rich space. Tastefully played. How did you record it? Mic'd amp or an fx processor like a Kemper or Helix? Might add some reverb on the cymbals as they are perhaps too dry against the other instruments. Creative work! How did you record the horn instrument?
Hi, "overall low end" I do not get this. Guitar is acoustic with electric pick up (steel strings). I mainly use transient designer (a bit similar to compression but nicer). Horn instrument? You mean the flutes? = recorded with a Schoeps microphone. Cymbal itself represents a reverb, so i never use extra reverb for it.
Thanks for your comments and questions,
W.

Very cool tune! Love the instrumentation. You say you're using "transient designer," is that a plugin or hardware. Enjoyed the listen very much!
~Bob

Transient Designer is a hardware unit from SPL. Maybe there is software too. Very simple to use but highly effective. Just two knobs: one is Attack (positive or negative), the other one is Sustain (positive or negative). I like simplicity :-)

Cool listen on headphones, wide soundscape, the flute sounded maybe a little loud level wise perhaps? A bit more subtle might sit better in the mix? I like the drum sound a lot. The fade at the end seemed a little fast/abrupt. This reminds me a little of one of my favorite bands, Jade Warrior, very cool, nice job, enjoyed the listen!

Back