A flat Funk Boogie -Final instrumental mix-

@HumanPlanet , Thanks for the listen and reply. Maybe some vocals will work out. I really never know .. I have a long list of songs that turned into instrumentals that I've never finished. Maybe I can get this one done.
@JAPOV . Thanks ! I'll look at that section again. I need to go back in for some tweeking anyway. I rarely use a pickup selection that uses the twangy Tele sound. I could probably fatten it up a little in that section. I'll give it a try .. Thanks .. mark

I feel like you could up the bass 1db overall, and snare could have a bit more "bite". Full percussion section could work too to match the number of guitars I think I hear (?). Altogether a really nice composition, a vocal would be ideal on there.

OK , I did a mild remix this morning that shows up in the link. Did a little EQ work on the Tele track removing some low cuts and boosted the bottom end a little. There's not a lot of difference , but I can hear it. Taking it any further and the track started losing presence . Thanks ..
@Serendipity Records . I'll play with your suggestions asap. Snare and bass should be easy. I don't have much of a library for percussion and normally just build my own. I recently downloaded a percussion instrument from "Spitfire" need to check it out anyway. Thanks .. mark

@HumanPlanet , Thanks for the listen and reply. Maybe some vocals will work out. I really never know .. I have a long list of songs that turned into instrumentals that I've never finished. Maybe I can get this one done.

Actually, I think this stands up very well as an instrumental and there's not a whole heap of space for a vocal maybe, who knows.

Now 'Triad', thats where I'd love to hear what kind of vocal you'd come up with. No pressure obviously (not that I could!).

Last edited:
Actually, I think this stands up very well as an instrumental and there's not a whole heap of space for a vocal maybe, who knows.

Now 'Triad', thats where I'd love to hear what kind of vocal you'd come up with. No pressure obviously (not that I could!).
Without listening again right now, from my recollection it could use a vocal starting somewhere after the first 0:40 to 1:00.

Great playing. I'd wait for a vocal to do much commenting. But what is there so far sounds really good. I like that edge-of-breakup guitar near the center.

@TripleM Thanks for the listen and comment !
I'm calling this one "done" as an instrumental. The link now reflects a final mix.
I've done some basic cleanup and automation. I adjusted the kick/bass and snare and added some percussion to help drive the beat.
Thank's @Serendipity Records , your suggestions helped bring the mix to another level. I'm going to let it rest for a while. Thanks .. mark

Back