A couple SONAR questions

vasial

Hi, I hope I can ask 2 questions in one thread, if not, forgive me and I won't anymore.

Question 1: I was messing around with a guitar modeller (Revalver) on an audio track in the Effects Bin, and I got this inspiration to try and actually have a complete Envelope-like fade between the whole Effects Bin taking affect and not. I did try envelopes for my Plugin, but it would only control certain nobs inside the plugin, no override envelope. It seems like it should be able to work, seeing that actually Bypassing the Bin doesn't ruin my volume, I just have an extremely clean, but plenty loud, guitar. So can I actually have a percentage fade between how much of the amp effect to apply? Or is such a thing not possible?

Question 2: Related to the last question of envelopes (something I've just discovered, I know, real noob), I'd like to be able to paint those envelopes as I'm playing guitar, such as a filter cutoff or distortion nob, actually paint it live with the use of a USB footpedal. I know NI Guitar Rig is built to speak to it's foot pedal, and similarly, ReValver does have MIDI/USB detection to active it's "nobs," but is there a way within SONAR as a whole, to control all envelopes and even possibly other functions from MIDI/USB controllers? I've done it in Ableton before, but I don't know with SONAR.

Thanks

vasial

Here are some ideas:

1.) Duplicate the clean track and add revalver to it. Then write volume automation on both the clean and distorted tracks to create a sort of crossfade. (ie: clean guitar volume goes up, distortion track volume goes down at the same time)

2.) I've never used Guitar Rig but if you have an expression foot pedal, you *may* be able to use it by right-clicking the knob you want to use and mapping it to the pedal.

It's been a while since I've been on Sonar, but I could try and load it up again (if I can find my disc) if you need anymore help. :D

Hope that helps!

Back