80's Rocker "Redeemed"

Very nice. I really like the vibrato in the lead vocal. All the guitars work really well together.

From :31 through 1:12 seems a bit empty with the dampened guitars. There's no sound in the background other than a little reverb. It just seems sterile. I really like the guitar and reverb in the intro, and again in the outro from 3:26 on. I think that sound could also fill out the intro and take away the dead spaces.

Thanks very much for your thoughts! Was really trying for Dynamics & buildup
Throughout the song, Thinking the Stereo guitars would cover the section you
mentioned, good to know it can come across a bit empty to some. Thanks man!

Thanks for sharing! Nice 80s vibe. Really good stuff and good mix. Great vocals and love the build up "wow"! Great harmonies. Good drums too! Great guitar tones.

Here are some ideas to improve:
- I would add some ride cymbal pings like you do starting 0:15 but very simple from the very beginning
- I agree with spantini - from :31 through 1:12 it seems a bit empty
- I would add a mini solo from 1:08 to 1:19 to fill in a bit - nothing flashy maybe a solo harmonized melodic solo
- I would extend the part at 1:57 another 4 bars and repeat the vocal "be redeemed" one octave higher
- I would add a phaser and some long delay and reverb to the last vocal phrase "heaven's calling"
- I would add some reverb on the distorted guitars 80s style. I think they used to double track the guitars but pan the verb of each guitar to the opposite side. Maybe try this.

Great stuff man! Keep it up!

Back