75000 songs are uploaded, every single day –- the end of music-as-a-career??

I know a few musicians around this area work at local music stores. We still have some "mom and pop" stores here, Mom's Music, Maxwell's, DeGeorge Bros, Steilbergs, DooWop Shop. Mom's Music was started by Marvin Maxwell, a drummer that played in bands locally for many years. Now his sons have Mom's and Maxwell's. Marvin has long since retired.

One lady that was a top singer in the area back in the 70s and 80s is a real estate agent. She doesn't do many shows these days. She's in her 70s now.

Another guitarist/singer who has been playing since the 60s worked for Spindletop Draperies since the 80s. He's retired now and having health issues.

That is 75000 worldwide, but far fewer in your own little world.
You have a local culture, and songs of some distant culture may not travel well.
There's plenty that doesn't appeal to me.

I’ve been making music for a very long time, and I’m making more money now than I have ever done. My rather dull go to sleep music is being listened to all over the world, and even the old fashioned rights organisations in the UK are starting to generate money. I register the music with both PRS and PPL, and while any covers generate little from the composition rights, I’m now starting to get the mechanical rights creeping through. So getting more out there by these daily releases actually seems to be working. There may be zillions of them, and the distributors getting rich, but the people releasing are getting paid.

The goal of music should not be to make money, music should be used to express emotions. How many songs of of that 75000 do you think you would actually listen too?
People that really love the art will be paid for their work eventually. Just live your life and make connections playing with people in other places. Its all about getting out of your comfort zone too.
I have played on stage for over fifty years and I am not sure if I made enough money to pay for the strings I have bought. Then again I never thought much or
paid much attention to money.

I did smile at this
The goal of music should not be to make money, music should be used to express emotions.

It is called the music business, after all. Every time I sell or buy and instrument I certainly express emotions, but while music is therapy for some, it's a living for others.

Many of the great historic composers wrote music specifically for their patrons. Not all of it was good!

Back