3.0 "Insert into Multitrack" keeps inserting on NEW track instead of one I selected

jackpipes

3.0 "Insert into Multitrack" keeps inserting on NEW track instead of one I selected

Hello, Everyone!

I've just installed Audition 3.0 (upgraded from 1.5) on Windows Vista. Looks great, but when selecting a section of audio from the edit window for "Insert into Multitrack," it keeps putting the clip/selection on the next unused track instead of the track I've selected, despite what I do. Its all from one audio file recorded with 3.0 and the clips are short, so it doesn't appear to be a time issue or difference in file type. I'm assuming its something simple relating to the multitrack/edit window set-up I'm missing that I haven't seen yet (or do I have some bad software?!).

Any Ideas?

Here are some pics below ...

Track is selected and cursor line is at appropriate point, just like in Audition 1.5 (note highlighted track) ...

AuditionHelp1.jpg

Then selection/clip is higlighted in Edit Window, then "Insert" is selected, ...

AuditionHelp3.jpg

But puts clip here anyway (note highlighted clip) ...

AuditionHelp2.jpg

So that's what's going on ... any suggestions? As a voice-over/audio production talent, I do a LOT of editing and having to go and drag the clip back up to the appropriate track each time after choosing "Insert ..." is a pain in the tush and adds a lot of unnecessary time. This never occurred in 1.5 ... it simply put the clip where ever the cursor was, despite the location of any other clips, it even overlapped them if that's where the cursor was ... didn't matter.

Please help!

Thanx!

It's been some years since I've had AA3 installed but, from memory, on the Multitrack Clips section, there's a tick box to select between putting clips onto the same track or each into a new track.

Sorry to be a bit woolly--I've been through two or three very different versions since I was on AA3.

Back