240 GB SSD or 1 TB HHD ?

Good call on paying for only 16GB of RAM. I have 16GB on my studio machine, and I've never come close to maxing it out. But back when 1GB was a TON of memory, I could've said the same thing until the day that I actually maxed it out :)

One day I got curious. I loaded up Superior Drummer with the Roots kit, which has a ridiculous amount of mics on the kit. I turned on all of the kit, overhead, and room mics, and enabled bleed for all of them. I think that it topped out at using around 7GB of RAM. So I could have loaded another instance of SD2 with that same ridiculous amount of detail and still been able to load an EZDrummer kit or two on top of that.

Now maybe Steen, with his gigantic East West symphony, might be able to max out 16GB without trying too hard ;)

Now maybe Steen, with his gigantic East West symphony, might be able to max out 16GB without trying too hard ;)

Oooh, good memory man!
Funny, I have 24gb (max 128gb), but I'm pretty sure I've never gone over 10-12gb usage.

I only ever have a max of about 8-10 instruments loaded at once, though. I suppose it'd be different for proper full orchestral scoring.

Back