2 songs for my first EP

RAGE: cool main riff! The thing that jumped out to me more than anything is the constant switching from centered to panned guitars. I would play around with it to try and make it less obvious(although that may be what you were going for). That main riff could possibly use a different drum beat to emphasize the groove a little more. Also, in that bridge part with the guitar panned hard, consider doubling it up on the opposite side with the same part or a 5th up and see if it works. Vocals sound good to me. Cool song.

CAN I BID: sorry man, sounds like some serious timing issues that are distracting me from listening too much.

How are you recording these? Live? Tracked? Make sure the drummer is keeping good time and follow suit with everyone else.

You guys have some potential to have some really cool stuff, just tighten it up...your getting close.

RAGE: cool main riff! The thing that jumped out to me more than anything is the constant switching from centered to panned guitars. I would play around with it to try and make it less obvious(although that may be what you were going for). That main riff could possibly use a different drum beat to emphasize the groove a little more. Also, in that bridge part with the guitar panned hard, consider doubling it up on the opposite side with the same part or a 5th up and see if it works. Vocals sound good to me. Cool song.

CAN I BID: sorry man, sounds like some serious timing issues that are distracting me from listening too much.

How are you recording these? Live? Tracked? Make sure the drummer is keeping good time and follow suit with everyone else.

You guys have some potential to have some really cool stuff, just tighten it up...your getting close.

Thanks for the advice, I guess I'll have to remix everything, or mostly everything. I need advice on the guitar sounding weak in Can I Bid, any advice?

Surprisingly, the trick with distorted guitars is often less-is-more (and then more is more).

What you may want to try is layering the same part multiple times BUT with less distortion on each individual take.

Does your amp have built-in reverb? The tail on your guitar notes is pretty long, I'd also recommend turning that down substantially. Anything that makes your guitar muddier and less clear will tend to decrease its "power" in a mix.

When the guitar first comes in on the right side, it unbalances the whole song until it disappears again (same thing the 2nd time it comes in) - drowns out the vocal, too. The changing pan on the other guitar is bothersome, too.

I listened to both mixes of Rage. I really like the song. Great energy.

I didn't notice much difference in the mixes.

I like the singer. A minor pitch problem in spots. But great vocal tone.

If it were me I would double track the main distorted guitar and pan them wide. It would make a big mix.

Still trying to to decide if I like the bass tone. It is a unique sound. Yeah I guess I like it. It's all low end. It growls nicely tho.

The kick is kind of rubbery. No low midrange. The snare is kind of back in the mix. The drum mix is very narrow.

I listened to both mixes of Rage. I really like the song. Great energy.

I didn't notice much difference in the mixes.

I like the singer. A minor pitch problem in spots. But great vocal tone.

If it were me I would double track the main distorted guitar and pan them wide. It would make a big mix.

Still trying to to decide if I like the bass tone. It is a unique sound. Yeah I guess I like it. It's all low end. It growls nicely tho.

The kick is kind of rubbery. No low midrange. The snare is kind of back in the mix. The drum mix is very narrow.

Thank you for being very objective. Also thank you, I am the singer hehe. Both mixes sound similar because they're the same lol, I updated the links. I'm mostly sending the main riff guitar to a delay or a reverb to the opposite site to make them wide, it kinda worked for me. I honestly hear kinda well the mix, but I thank you for these observations

Last edited:
I listened to Rage. I really love the guitar tone, and the riff is cool. But the guitar is rushing quite a bit, which is distracting to me. Assuming you recorded this on a computer, this should be fairly obvious to see if you can't hear what I'm talking about. It's really off to races at certain parts.

But the song is cool ... great energy, cool vocals. Just needs to be tightened up.

Back