Video Editing Software

tkingen

Djembes Rock
A club I recently played in shot video of our entire show and gave us a dvd at the end of the night. I'd like to transfer the video to computer and edit to make a "highlights" dvd that can play in either Windows Meda or a stand-alone DVD player.
I have no experience with video editing software and need advice on what to get. Doesn't need to be anything fancy - just basic editing and dvd burning capability. Something inexpensive or even free would be great.
Any suggestions?

tkingen,

Windows XP comes with Windows MovieMaker, which is a stone-simple home video editing program that might just be everything you need.
So as long as you can get your hands on a PC with XP, you should have that program available.

Best,
C.

tkingen,

Windows XP comes with Windows MovieMaker, which is a stone-simple home video editing program that might just be everything you need.
So as long as you can get your hands on a PC with XP, you should have that program available.

Best,
C.

I'd give this a try first if you have it. I've got a few different programs, and all seem to have their bugs. Cost from $49 to $99.

Thanks guys. When I had the computer built it was loaded with XP. I planned to use it for nothing but recording so asked them not to include anything that wasn't needed for that purpose. Daggnabbit.
I'll check Microsoft's website for downloads.

Cheers!

Back