IRL Gaming

Armistice

Son of Yoda
Real-life zombie-killing game headed for Sydney

This could be an interesting experience...

""The pain belt gives players the chance of actually having that physical sensation of being hurt," said IRL Shooter's director David Leadbetter"

"Other new additions will require players to find an eyeball and hand to insert into a retina or palm scanner to open doors. Players will also need to put their hands inside gruesome "corpses" to find clues"

"In some cases, some gamers became a little too immersed in the game and injured themselves while playing Patient 0 in Melbourne.

[They] thought that they were still playing Call of Duty or Battlefield and decided to jump down a flight of stairs - because that's what they can do in the [virtual] game - and then had to hobble the rest of the way with twisted ankles and that sort of thing," he said"

Yeah, that was my thought. It looks like it's going to be set up somewhere near where I live so I may wander down just to check out the sort of people that come wandering out. Not something I'd do myself...

Can you imagine being a zombie and doing that gig regularly. You'd get bored quick and start to act out.

Back