some advice on screaming

Scrubucket7

allright, when i record one song at a time, i can do crazy screaming throughout the whole thing and not have a problem. But when i play at practice i get wicked bad headaches, and i all get light headed. Does anyone know of anyways to try and stop this from happening? Also, my "voice" goes out pretty quickly. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

i'm not a singer, cause everytime i scream, after one song my voice is gone,
thats not singing, just screaming, don't ask me to "hold a tone, i can't",
but i noticed that lots of singers sing or scream ALOT harder during live, only cause they can't really hear themselves,
the louder you hear yourself, the more you can controll your voice, and you'll tend to scream less loud, and fuck up your throat less fast,

sometimes monitors don't really work,
maybe its time to start messing with in-ear monitoring...
you can try that by bying some "in ear sony earphones", i got a pair of about €50 and they work fine, don't distort too fast, and since they are IN your ears they isolate prettu much noise from outside,

put a compressor on the signal for in ear monitoring, so you can safely turn up the gain, make sure there's no way you can kill your ears...they're important !

thats only my two cents... HEAR yourself well and it might go better....

actually...i played a show with a loud ass pa system, which made it so i didnt have to scream so loud, and my voice was fine. It helped that i took a couple aspirine before we played too.

Back