NC People

I'm in Greensboro too. Right now I'm playing drums in a few bands. Grew up playing guitar in Raleigh and played for lots of bands in the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area. Now I'm a graduate student at UNC-G.
Rory

lovegoodsoul73 said:
distortedrumble...Who are you with? I do look at the Relish and whatever rag replaced ESP when I can. I occasionally even go check out local groups.

who am i with? Gotriad magazine...my specialty is Gotriad.com though

the rag that replaced esp is Yes! weekly but they are the competition!

rory said:
I'm in Greensboro too. Right now I'm playing drums in a few bands. Grew up playing guitar in Raleigh and played for lots of bands in the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area. Now I'm a graduate student at UNC-G.
Rory

sweet man...another person in greensboro...its a small world afterall lol

distortedrumble said:
who am i with? Gotriad magazine...my specialty is Gotriad.com though

the rag that replaced esp is Yes! weekly but they are the competition!

Cool, man. One of my co-workers writes a semi-regular column for go triad.

lovegoodsoul73 said:
How did you do with Ophelia, mshilarious?
Everything go alright?

Yeah, it stayed well offshore. Hatteras has a little damage but nothing major. We just got some rain and 30 mph winds. Never even lost power.

hey M., glad to here that. I was hoping we'd get some rain from the storm, but only a few showers. we're in a draught, bigtime here.

If anyone needs help booking in Chapel Hill, give a holler. I know all the bar owners there. If anyone wants to help my band out elsewhere in the state, I'd appreciate it.

Whiteville NC here..about 45 min from Wilmington and 30 from Myrtle Beach SC..grandaddy just gave me and the familiy 43 acres..

will be building a new house soon...within 90 days! cant wait to leave this savage country and the stonefaced germans!

teddy

Was up.

I live in a town called New London. Its about an hour or so away from Winston. I've been collaborating a little with a guy in winston. We both are into original alternative rock music. His name is Scott Smith. He's very talented song writer. He's working on a new album. I will be doing a little guitar work for him (some lap steel, and some tube distorted rythm parts maybe). His website is www.lifesmyth.org .

As far as myself I'm a guitar player for 14 years. Started doing home studio about 2 or 3 years ago. I also love to collaborating with other musicians with recordings only. I quit playing in bands a few years back (Charlotte area). I still write music and trying to sharpen my recording / production skills.

BigRay said:
Whiteville NC here..about 45 min from Wilmington and 30 from Myrtle Beach SC..grandaddy just gave me and the familiy 43 acres..

will be building a new house soon...within 90 days! cant wait to leave this savage country and the stonefaced germans!

teddy

43 Acres, eh?... sounds like RayFest is coming. perfect for a BBiIiIiIGGGG Jam!!!!! Ray's favorite.

All those hippies...comin' to BigRay's!!!!! whoa! :eek:

Back