My Turn

Toki987

Rock Steady
Most of you know I play anything anywhere as long as it`s fun (I hope I have at least half as much fun as I`ve seen Lt Bob having ) and sometimes there`s even a buck or two... next two gigs are country, but some kicking country.

Ill be pickin with a new guy that just released his cd out of Nashville ( Sean Nelson) in Enterprise, Al. on Valentines day.

Next gig will be with Darryl Singletary in Opp Al. for the Annual Rattlesnake rodeo on March 5. Darryl is from over the river in south Ga.

Maybe I`ll be a star one day... :D

dude thats so cool.......

id like to catch that Daryl Singletary show but Im not much of a rodeo fan:D

Gidge said:
dude thats so cool.......

id like to catch that Daryl Singletary show but Im not much of a rodeo fan:D

This isnt a horse and cow rodeo. It`s a rattlesnake rodeo! :eek:

I'm not into

watching bucking snakes, or bareback riding snakes, you get the idea. But I'll be hangin here in this new topic:)

Dyson Steel said:
I let her lie!

Doing anything over near Texas?

D

lol, me too. I dont like snakes but this is big annual event. It was a lot of fun. Id love to come to Texas sometime but it`s not in my cards right now.

I let her lie

That was the hook in Daryl's big song bout 2 years ago!
ha,ha,ha,ha

Love that song.
Good luck on the gig.

D

Re: I let her lie

Dyson Steel said:
That was the hook in Daryl's big song bout 2 years ago!
ha,ha,ha,ha

Love that song.
Good luck on the gig.

D

Did the show week before last. It was quite a lot of fun. After the sound checks I reminisced with Daryl for a while on sat mornin. He's from just over the river in georgia from where I'm at. I met him back around 1989 when I was playing near his hometown. My guitar player's brother was one of his teachers in high school. He's a good country boy... and can sing a lot of styles. "Amen kind of Love" is my favored tune.

Toki987 said:
Most of you know I play anything anywhere as long as it`s fun (I hope I have at least half as much fun as I`ve seen Lt Bob having ) and sometimes there`s even a buck or two... next two gigs are country, but some kicking country.

Ill be pickin with a new guy that just released his cd out of Nashville ( Sean Nelson) in Enterprise, Al. on Valentines day.

Next gig will be with Darryl Singletary in Opp Al. for the Annual Rattlesnake rodeo on March 5. Darryl is from over the river in south Ga.

Maybe I`ll be a star one day... :D

Dislexic I guess. I re-read the 1st post. I was thinking April 5th, not March, Duh!
So how long you been playing and what's the furtherst you have giged? Doing Daryl's gig you must do C & W stuff huh?

On top of that how did you manage to open for him?
D

Dyson Steel said:
So did he put you on any good inside info? Do you write and play your on stuff?

D

hehe, naw. We talked mostly about "Swine Time" a little event down in Climax Ga. every yr. It`s like the BBQ superbowl of south georgia, and mostly about some mutual friends in that area. Didnt talk much about music except that I had a band that played a Senior citizens dance one night and he came over and sang with us. It was a blast. Those people didnt know he was the real Daryl.. :)

Re: Re: My Turn

Dyson Steel said:
Dislexic I guess. I re-read the 1st post. I was thinking April 5th, not March, Duh!
So how long you been playing and what's the furtherst you have giged? Doing Daryl's gig you must do C & W stuff huh?

On top of that how did you manage to open for him?
D

Right now Im playing bass for Sean Nelson a new guy in Nashville. He`s just released his cd. Both were asked to come play at the rodeo. I've been playing bass since I was 14, Im 50 now. I have played all over the eastern US and a some out west. THe only time I`ve been out of the country playing was in the Virgin Islands a long time ago. I play most anything, but I do play quite a bit of c and w.
that link you posted isnt working. you may need to post the whole thing.

I'm also 50. Playing since I was trying to impress the girls at age 12. Problem is I carried the darn thing around more than I played it. Till I was about 27. Then really started trying to get serious.

Wrote the instrumental for my wife.
:D
Still trying
D

hey that pretty good tunage my friend. I guess your doing the steel? the 2nd song has a nice flow to it and a good story. Are you playing everything?

Dyson Steel said:
I'm also 50. Playing since I was trying to impress the girls at age 12. Problem is I carried the darn thing around more than I played it. Till I was about 27. Then really started trying to get serious.

Wrote the instrumental for my wife.
:D
Still trying
D
there`s singing on both the ones I heard.
Tollies song and In this room Alone

Back