Yamaha Studio Monitors

vicenzajay

Will get pics up before the weekend...Excellent condition Yamaha HSM-50 monitors (black with white speaker cones in the NS-10 style) with original boxes, power cords, etc. for close to half price. Just got fortunate enough to get a nice pair of ASP-8s, so these are on the block.

Used VERY lightly in my home studio for mixing projects. These are powered monitors with some very useful EQ controls on the speaker as well as both XLR and TRS inputs. I have been very happy with both their clarity and representative response, and mixes have translated extremely well from them. If you look at all the reviews, they are overwhelmingly positive - as was my experience - however, they are (by themselves) a touch light on bass frequencies unless you pair them with a sub. Knowing this going in, I had no problems mixing on them knowing that I would have a tendency to mix the bass a touch hot. Very nice midrange on these speaks - easy to hear deeply into a mix and they reflect changes to pan/depth very well.

Specs:

* 5" white polypropylene cone
* 0.75" dome tweeter
* 70-watt biamplified power (45 watts LF, 25 watts HF)
* Frequency response 55Hz-20kHz (-10dB)
* XLR and 1/4" connectors
* Room control and frequency response switches

They seem to be retailing (street) at $400 for the pair...how about $225 plus actual shipping for these? I can take Paypal, but we'll need to talk about the type of payment first.

as promised...

a pictures:

Yamahamonitors.jpg

Back