FS: Pair of AKG C 460 B Mics with CK61 capsules and Pelican case

dualflip

Audio Engineer
Hey everybody, im selling a pair of AKG C460B mics with CK61 capsules, these include a Pelican case to carry them. I got these about 2 years ago from a company in the states called Rock City Sound. They have some minor scratches, one of them looks a little bit more worn out cosmetically than the other but both of them work ok.

Im selling these because i used them quite often in the past but right now i dont use them anymore...

These mics can be modded by Jim Williams if you want, they have a lot of good reviews.

Price: 800 USD + Shipping , item location is Mexico City, I can ship Worldwide, and I accept Paypal (add 3.5% paypal fee).

If you are interested send me a PM

Some pics:

Hi there, well thats a steal if you ask me, ive seen stuff sold for much more or much less than what its worth, just because you saw one post, that doesnt mean that thats the market value of these things, i bought these mics used on e-bay 2 years ago for almost 1000 dlls the pair with the pellican case, the Jim Williams mod alone in case you want to get it done it is worth 175dlls per mic, and may i ask if you are interested on them or are you just trolling?, because you know you could have just sent me a PM with an offer instead of posting that.

Hello, these dont have a capsule upgrade, what i meant is that you can send them to Jim Williams and get an upgrade you can check it out here http://www.audioupgrades.com/upgrades/upgrades_microphones.htm

In the words of Jim Williams when i asked him about these mics with the upgrades: "Hello, those are $175 each. I remove the output transformer and install better opamps, transistors and caps. I prefer these to Schoeps, B+K etc. I own 5 of them. Read about other's opinions, I love them myself.
Regards, Jim Williams
Audio Upgrades"

I'm always interested in AKG.

as am I . . . and the original $800 might be an OK price . . . or not depends not only buyer need but specific mic

a 'mod' of an AKG is not necessarily a pricing rising selling point (you mod an MXL you repair an AKG)

shipping from mexico and paypal fee would typically be enough to cause me pause, after looking because I would not mind another pair with that capsule

unmodded, mint condition (sonically) $900 would not be an outrageous price to pay but modded + mexico + fee and $700 is simply too much for the gamble

didn't mean to pile on & am glad you mentioned mod . . . many would not

and good luck on ebay these might be a great purchase for somebody (but as unauditioned I'd find them priced at the upper end of acceptable)

as am I . . . and the original $800 might be an OK price . . . or not depends not only buyer need but specific mic

a 'mod' of an AKG is not necessarily a pricing rising selling point (you mod an MXL you repair an AKG)

shipping from mexico and paypal fee would typically be enough to cause me pause, after looking because I would not mind another pair with that capsule

unmodded, mint condition (sonically) $900 would not be an outrageous price to pay but modded + mexico + fee and $700 is simply too much for the gamble

didn't mean to pile on & am glad you mentioned mod . . . many would not

and good luck on ebay these might be a great purchase for somebody (but as unauditioned I'd find them priced at the upper end of acceptable)

fair enough, ill tell you this: i already did a price drop to 750, i cant edit my original post so it still says 800 which is not much of a difference i know, however ive sent a lot of stuff to the US via DHL for around 50 dlls, or less, in fact the last thing i sold was my GSSL compressor on Gearslutz which is 19inches long and weights more than these mics, and it was exactly 50 dlls, insured to California via DHL express so ok not a big issue, however you do provide a solid argument, if you are interested and you live in the US, ill sell them for 750, shipping is on me, no paypal fees.

I repeat, the mics ARE NOT MODED, just saying that you can get them moded in case you want, as of now, they are in a original condition, im sorry if i got misunderstood

now, purely anecdotally, I'm back on the fence . . . but just (spring) got some sdc josephsons, have some c451s and while more expensive am at least pretending to budget (i.e. save) for some of MikTek options (need to go to Nsh and see how recovery is coming in any case)

and as prejudiced as it might sound my problem with 'Mexico' is not purely cost . . . but over a period of more then 20 years, ending when I simply stopped buying from Mexico I had way too many things get stomped on or simply go missing to ever be enthusiastic about a Mexican origin again

I more readily buy computer parts out of China then anything from Mexico . . . HI is then only other source location where shipping issues are as similarly frustrating as Mexico . . . and based purely on my own experience DHL is never a selling point . . . mentioning this stuff purely to indicate how significant all the variables are, including how humidity effects significant other's hair on any given day

if I didn't already have the 451s, with clarification that these are not 'modded' I'd probably be half way to the credit/debit card now . . . but as I said on the fence and I probably hope someone buys them soon

but a verbose 'bump' in any case

now, purely anecdotally, I'm back on the fence . . . but just (spring) got some sdc josephsons, have some c451s and while more expensive am at least pretending to budget (i.e. save) for some of MikTek options (need to go to Nsh and see how recovery is coming in any case)

and as prejudiced as it might sound my problem with 'Mexico' is not purely cost . . . but over a period of more then 20 years, ending when I simply stopped buying from Mexico I had way too many things get stomped on or simply go missing to ever be enthusiastic about a Mexican origin again

I more readily buy computer parts out of China then anything from Mexico . . . HI is then only other source location where shipping issues are as similarly frustrating as Mexico . . . and based purely on my own experience DHL is never a selling point . . . mentioning this stuff purely to indicate how significant all the variables are, including how humidity effects significant other's hair on any given day

if I didn't already have the 451s, with clarification that these are not 'modded' I'd probably be half way to the credit/debit card now . . . but as I said on the fence and I probably hope someone buys them soon

but a verbose 'bump' in any case

Im sorry you had bad experiences, however i still dont know why all the trouble if you werent interested on them... anyway you do know these are NOT mexican made right?, but ok, your opinion is your opinion, good luck and thanks for the bump

Back