FS: Great River MP2

mrbowes

Manufacturer's Description:
The MP-2 is a Great River Electronics preamplifier that delivers two channels of clear, sonically accurate audio in a transparent manner. Each channel is a transformer coupled class A discrete solid state design. Its craftsmanship and quality design are evidenced by the fact that all switches, relays, and internal connectors have gold plated contacts. All components in the MP-2 have been specifically selected to produce maximum sonic value and solid, long term reliability. Each channel has a rear mounted microphone XLR balanced input jack and a front mounted ?" high-Z input jack. In addition, each channel also has a 15db pad, polarity control, +48v phantom power, an overload LED, and a 24 position gain switch. Further, to enhance sonic accuracy, the input and output connections are gold plated XLR types. For ultra convenience, this single rack space unit has a sophisticated internal power supply that requires only a detachable AC cable. A 2 channel unit of pure, rich sound that is accessible and truly affordable for all recording professionals

$1200 shipped!

Paypal extra, money order preferred.

Pics attached.

Attachments

• GR MP-2H 002.jpg
    GR MP-2H 002.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 101
  • GR MP-2H 003.jpg
    GR MP-2H 003.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 65
Hot.

If I had money... Sigh.

Are you looking to buy anything? Maybe we can do a trade? I buy something on my guitar center card that's worth the same and that you want and then trade it across for this? Haha.

fraserhutch said:
What is the difference between this and the MP-2NV? Anyone?

I *think* that this one is an original design and is supposed to sound "cleaner" than the neve clone. its probably better outright. don't quote me on this...I've never heard or seen either one.

I've never used the Great River Neve clone, so I can't comment on the differences.

I do know that the Neve clone is supposed to be more colored, so it might be better for certain applications, like electric guitar, certain vocals, etc.

From my experience, this preamp is a workhorse - it's sounds 3D and open and works well on a LOT of sources, such as LD vox, bg vox, strings, horns, toms, kick drum, overheads. I really like the DI on it too - very big and tight without adding a lot of color. I often DI'd my Kurzweil K2000 and my Roland TD-6 e-kit.

I used it a lot with my Pearlman TM-1 tube mic and it really killed on acoustic guitar and vocals - it really lets nice microphones shine. It also sounds great with dynamic mics, like my SM7, SM57, and Beta 58. It has plenty of gain for ribbons - I used it all the time with my Beyer M500 on my Fender Pro Jr. tube amp and it was always sonically rich and full.

It added a nice dynamic to my mic pre pallete when juxtaposed to my A-Designs MP mic pre. These preamps complemented each other nicely in their differences.

I just don't find myself recording much anymore and now see it as quite an unjustified expense.

Back