New to DIY, building 12" PA cab

So the outdoor cable I bought sucks ass....its solid wire, and thus won't fit into my connectors....wish I discovered this sooner :P

Solid wire is not good.

I had not given a thought to the possibility that you might end up with that. Multi-strand cable is the norm for speaker and power applications.

I hope you didn't buy too much off it.

It was a 50 footer. Might still be able to return it, not sure though (I only peeled off the very end, if I have to I can just cut an inch down and they'll never know ;) ).

P5020047.jpg

P5020049.jpg

P5020053.jpg

Bought an extension cable today that I just cut the ends off and added the neutrik stuff on either end. Worked as soon as I plugged it in. So freaking amazing, I was playing Jimi's "Are You Experienced" album through it :)

Now to build the second one!

Sounds great! A bit top heavy though, but at least there's clarity (that's just in comparison to my studio monitors). When doing A/B tests with my current 12" cab, its night and day. For a loudspeaker, it kicks ass!

Excellent!

You've done well!

Now to build the second speaker of the pair, right?

(I note that your joinery skills are only marginally better than mine)

Yep, should start cutting the second speaker tomorrow (I made the cuts so that one speaker only took half a sheet of plywood...brilliant!)

Back