See it in Your Eyes

I am not one to critique this type of song - but I don't think the drums match the track - and there is barely any bass.

I really like your vocal on this one, it's got a very pleasing quality. What I find interesting is that to my ears there seems to be almost no connection between the vocal melody and the backing musical bed. Like for example there doesn't seem to be any 'change-up' in the backing to follow or lead the vocal into the chorus. This is not a criticism, just an observation. It's a very nice chill track

I am not one to critique this type of song - but I don't think the drums match the track - and there is barely any bass.
Yeah, this ^. Where's the bass? This tune's great, and as we all know, great tunes deserve great bass.

I've never been a big fan of the hard autotune technique. In general, aside from the aforementioned curious lack of bigger bottom, the arrangement and mix are well done. Some nice production candy inserted. Personally, I'd ditch the autotune. I know it makes it "sound more modern", but I find it merely "gimmicky".

Back