This snare sound

The snare is just tuned relatively low and there is probably a bottom mic as well as a top mic. I'm sure there are samples floating around with this sort of sound.

Does superior drummer let you tune the samples? (Change the pitch)

You could also try adding some 150-200hz and some 8k shelf and run that into a compressor to smooth it out.

Does superior drummer let you tune the samples? (Change the pitch)

You could also try adding some 150-200hz and some 8k shelf and run that into a compressor to smooth it out.
Thanks Jay, yes the samples can be tuned. Any suggestions as to the snare drum itself?

It is just a regular snare sound, but with the snare wires loosened a bit. You just turn the knob on the snare mechanism.
Get an acoustic kit.
The trouble with sampled drums is the sampler person does not think of every situation.
For example, I have never found a sample of a drummer doing a roll on cymbals, but with felt beaters.

Thanks Jay, yes the samples can be tuned. Any suggestions as to the snare drum itself?
That sounds like something I used to be able to get out of a 5" Ludwig Supraphonic.

You are looking for a sample with loose snare wires and maybe a bit of ring. Tune it to the right note, then use eq to add the low end and the sizzle of the wires. If there is too much ring, eq that frequency down. Send that into a compressor to tighten it up.

Back