Yairi

mark skinner

Here's a short instrumental I'm trying to finish up and could use some help on. I went direct in with a DY-77 Yairi with a "shadow" pickup. I've gone back and forth so many times with some new CB-1 headphones and my studio monitors I no longer trust my ears. Any crits , comments and suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
Nice, rich reverb. I love the mix. Everything in it's place (although being a bass player, I'd like to hear a little more of it). Great playing!
I'm assuming the drums are samples. The crash cymbals all tend to cut out unnaturally (no ring out). The snare needs a bit of variation.

Fantastic guitar tones. I agree that the drums are s little too forward in the mix. Other than that is pretty much perfect

I've made a Lot of changes and the top link now reflects them. Thanks for the comments and suggestions so far. mark

That link didn't work for me, but I found this - nice guitar work.

Just listening in cans the snare verges on too much for me. I'd like it better if the bass had more of an upright sound, maybe a bit more percussive, but that's me.

Here's a short instrumental I'm trying to finish up and could use some help on. I went direct in with a DY-77 Yairi with a "shadow" pickup. I've gone back and forth so many times with some new CB-1 headphones and my studio monitors I no longer trust my ears. Any crits , comments and suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Very nice! Your DY-77 records well. Similar to my Yaiiri DY-55. What are you using for strings?

I'm using d'addario phos. bronze lights. I had to do some major EQ ing to get this tone. Years ago I traded this guitar to a friend for a cello. He recently passed away and willed it back to me . Now it's much more than another nice instrument.. Keith , I've had a really hard time posting a new workable link for some reason on this song . Thanks .. mark

Back