Trying to Make This Right, but Running Blind

muzitioner

So I've been mixing these tracks for years it seems like and finally to a point where I am content with how they sound. I will be releasing an album later this year, so need all the feedback I can get before I set them in stone. Any critiques welcome!

1st Track:

Last edited:
1st Track: Running Blind

Except for the tone of the vocal, I felt as if I were listening to something from YES circa 1972 - something less complicated.

1st track Running Blind:
Cool stuff. Drums sound good and like the song.

The electric guitar on the left could probably mix in a bit more, sounds a bit dry to my ears.
Vocal dub I would try to heavily de-es the dub, I hear a lot of double s and t sounds.

I would try to change the claps on the 6th minute into more acoustic sounding claps.
It feels out of place because it is so electronic.

But that is just what I would try, feel free to disregard all that :).

All in all cool stuff!

1st track Running Blind:
Cool stuff. Drums sound good and like the song.

The electric guitar on the left could probably mix in a bit more, sounds a bit dry to my ears.
Vocal dub I would try to heavily de-es the dub, I hear a lot of double s and t sounds.

I would try to change the claps on the 6th minute into more acoustic sounding claps.
It feels out of place because it is so electronic.

But that is just what I would try, feel free to disregard all that :).

All in all cool stuff!
Thanks, great feedback! I will definitely listen for those and tweak if I hear the same. Which guitar part on the left do you mean...verse, chorus, outro, or overall?

Back