New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

New to the forum? Say hello, tell us a little about your self. Meet the gang :p

Welcome to HomeRecording Forum! :guitar:
hi! i just joined the forum after reading it for years because i just got my first tube amp and its broken so i posted a thread asking for help. A bit about me- I'm super into recording have been for 10 years- I've amassed quite a collection of stuff including my most prized possession my tascam 424 mk3. I listen on a pair of kali audio LP-6s and record into an art pro mpk mk2. I go to college for software development and am currently designing a synth that uses AI for my senior project- and I'm in the band dream home theater!

Only today I was thinking that synths are going to get AI, while sifting through specs.
my idea behind it is to get a huge database of sounds- using specific labels for different styles of sounds im going to basically be able to filter out the most commonly used sounds- letting you see what most people are using will allow you to avoid popular sounds and stray away from what the AI would make. its kind of an anti AI thing haha letting you see what AI would make so you can avoid that and know you're being unique! haha

Hey all

I'm a Music Producing, Mix Engineering, Bass Guitar Playing Lover of Life 8-)

I use Logic Pro. I am currently healing from a wrist injury but once that is all good I'll be back to bass playing and practice, and jamming and all of that lovely stuff. Looking forward to great musical chatter and positive talks.

JAPOV is "Just Another Point Of View", but my friends call me Tony :)
Both my parents are "musically inclined" and I've been writing/recording since the 70s...
I have recently discovered Logic and am having lots of fun learning modern techniques.
Would appreciate any advice for recording VOX...
I'm also known to collab a bit.

See you out there,
Tony

Last edited:
Would appreciate any advice for recording VOX.
Hey JAPOV. Cool name. Go close to a mic to get more bass in the vocal recording, further away for less. Use a pop filter to prevent wind from being recorded. A lot of variation can be found when experimenting with the position of the vocalist’s mouth. Beneath a duvet gives a very quiet sound 😄 beware of echos from the room getting into the recording...it can bite you if you want to compress hard later.

Always have fun 😎

Hey JAPOV. Cool name. Go close to a mic to get more bass in the vocal recording, further away for less. Use a pop filter to prevent wind from being recorded. A lot of variation can be found when experimenting with the position of the vocalist’s mouth. Beneath a duvet gives a very quiet sound 😄 beware of echos from the room getting into the recording...it can bite you if you want to compress hard later.

Always have fun 😎
Lol, I tried that once. Was getting a lot of "room" in my garage :LOL:

Lol, I tried that once. Was getting a lot of "room" in my garage :LOL:
I once recorded an audio book in a wardrobe or rather, I had the vocalist in my wardrobe between my clothes. I got a great and quiet sound.

If the room is not treated and quiet empty, material is your friend 😄 sheets, clothes...mattresses 😄 duvets - it can be fun AND the results can turn out great !

Hi,
I’m Suzanne
I’ve been writing songs for a very long time and can hold my own with basic Garage Band, but have no idea how to mix, though I’ve tried to teach myself. I also deal with brain fog and chronic illness, so it doesn’t help. Looking forward to learning. 💛🌼

Hi,
I’m Suzanne
I’ve been writing songs for a very long time and can hold my own with basic Garage Band, but have no idea how to mix, though I’ve tried to teach myself. I also deal with brain fog and chronic illness, so it doesn’t help. Looking forward to learning. 💛🌼
Hey Suzanne / @PrisonerOfHope! Welcome to the forum! We'd love to discover your songs. There's plenty to learn here in the various sub-forums, enjoy your time with us!

Hi,
I’m Suzanne
Welcome Suzanne !
I use Logic so I’m in your neck of the woods. How is the mixing going - how are u feeling about ur results?

Here I am... late in the game as usual.. lol. Consider myself a composer more than anything. Song structure has always
intrigued me and of course totally amazed at some of the talent out there that never gets heard. Been attempting to record
demos of my songs but my performing part never satisfies my ears. Not afraid to learn here but cringe at destructive
criticism like my brother does to me... I still love him though! Played bass in various bands years ago... fun times. My goal is to create
a series of decent tunes for people to remember me by(rather depressing I know). Maybe I can put them 'on demand' on my tombstone. :)
Using my DAW and learning quick as I can now. Have fifteen songs in demo mode now. On a side note.. my best friend and guitar buddy
up and died on me just recently kind of took the wind out of my sails. We loved jamming! The few tunes I have listened to on here are
so clean and amazingly performed that I'm hoping to learn how to do the same to mine. Looks like a great place to learn! Be happy :))

Thanks for the Welcome! Many songs I like but have been recently doing a Folk Rock style. You know... the kind where
a fella can take one guitar to a party and create some silly fun. Involve as many as I can and get 'em all to sing with me!
What really is a wonder is right out of the blue one person will sing along and their voice will ring out over everyone... a
gifted voice. But they have zero interest in singing!? Its a wonder. I struggle and practise for years to be listenable.. ha.

Welcome Arv.
Brothers, eh. Always supportive.
It would be nice to be remembered, or even discovered after we're gone.
This would need an appropriate medium to store our existence, that would not deteriorate.
Perhaps build the world's largest pyramid, with .wav files chisselled into all the walls.

Back