Dogooder flooding

I wonder why, maybe I am retired and have no job. Don't like, em don't read, Problem solved. I can go away for awhile. You should have me put in the corner. Even simpler, just put me on ignore. I would do it but the site doesn't allow it.

I can go away for awhile.
NO! Don't do that. You are just as free as the steak guy is to post your mind and to post links to articles that may or not be of any interest to anyone other than yourself.

And, by all means, DO NOT request that mods need to put a stop to steak man's postings of NYT articles in their entirety....word for word.

Steak man has a bug up his ass.

Carry on.

It does border on spam. But hey, he's an old bored guy who according to what he has said the most he has to look forward to is kicking the bucket any day now. If it bothered me that much I could do as he has done me and put him on ignore. But as all the cool kids sometimes say, that's not how I tumble. Roll, I meant roll. Roll?

I do too, generally.

But flooding is boring. It's not very uh... social. It doesn't generate conversation. 4, 5, 6, 7, 8... youtube videos of varying topics in a row is not cool, imo. It's forum pollution.

But I don't feel that strongly about it.
BULLSHIT!

Your word for word postings of NYT articles haven't generated conversations here at HR, but you still do it, time and time again. Have you not learned that it's fruitless to use NYT opinion articles to support your political opinions? Has it ever occurred to you that conservative minded people here at HR speak from their hearts and NEVER resort to posting links to FOX NEWS?

Enjoy your trip to Colorado.

BULLSHIT!

Your word for word postings of NYT articles haven't generated conversations here at HR, but you still do it, time and time again. Have you not learned that it's fruitless to use NYT opinion articles to support your political opinions? Has it ever occurred to you that conservative minded people here at HR speak from their hearts and NEVER resort to posting links to FOX NEWS?

Enjoy your trip to Colorado.
I'm going to guess that I've posted opinion pieces maybe 5-7 times over the last 3-4 years. Always pertinent and on topic (as I recall). I didn't think it was excessive. I hadn't been aware of any complaints. But I see that it's clearly gotten under your skin. Sorry about that. I didn't realize. I will tone it down. Just for you.

It does border on spam. But hey, he's an old bored guy who according to what he has said the most he has to look forward to is kicking the bucket any day now.
What?

What's the big problem here? Other than the fact that dogooder considers yahoo news to be a credible source of "truth in reporting" resources.

@Mick Doobie
You're taking things a bit out of context, perhaps here.

Dogooder is 70 years old now. He's feeling it, no more or less than I did more than four years ago.

At our age....we live day to day.

I'm going to guess that I've posted opinion pieces maybe 5-7 times over the last 3-4 years. Always pertinent and on topic (as I recall). I didn't think it was excessive. I hadn't been aware of any complaints. But I see that it's clearly gotten under your skin. Sorry about that. I didn't realize. I will tone it down. Just for you.
What makes you think it's only my skin?

Just for you I'll take the higher stance of civility. You should try doing that, yourself.

What makes you think it's only my skin?

Just for you I'll take the higher stance of civility. You should try doing that, yourself.
Where was I not being civil? I heard your complaint and said I would do something about it. And I was polite about it. How is that not being civil? I thought that's exactly what civility looks like.

I thought it was only your skin because - as I said above - that I'm aware of nobody has ever complained about me posting a handful of opinion pieces over the years.

*I think I'm being very civil*

Please respond to this post 60's guy.

Fine. Flood away. I already said I didn't feel that strongly about it.
But yet, you felt strongly enough to create a thread encouraging mods to do what, exactly? Use their moderator powers to stop dogooder from speaking his own thoughts and posting links to yahoo news articles?

You are in more dire need of that Colorado vacation than you realize.

What?

What's the big problem here? Other than the fact that dogooder considers yahoo news to be a credible source of "truth in reporting" resources.

@Mick Doobie
You're taking things a bit out of context, perhaps here.

Dogooder is 70 years old now. He's feeling it, no more or less than I did more than four years ago.

At our age....we live day to day.

Oh c'mon, man. I never said it was a "big problem". In large I was just poking fun. But if I was to be serious, when it boils down to it we all live day to day. Carpe diem.

OK, I spam-liked the first few posts on the thread before I realized that this is either 1) too nuanced to worry about or 2) too stupid to worry about. @dogooder, please don't go away, that's not the spirit of a forum. But yeah,
4, 5, 6, 7, 8... youtube videos of varying topics in a row is not cool, imo. It's forum pollution.
That kind of posting is not the spirit of a forum either.

So whatever.

Back