I'm one lucky mofo!

TAE

All you have is now
Ya know I gotz to say aside from having all you knuckleheads as bros here to shoot the shit with and banter away the days I sure do live a semi charmed so called kind of life.
So I got a wife that still tolerates me after 42 years of putting up with my shit
2 incredible daughters
6 incredible grandkids
4 siblings all still alive
My patent on the Plevel was allowed..This basicaly means I have the potential to change the world of stick levels forever and actually make some money in the process...Patent is only for the U>S< dang it! But I'm not bitter...Ok I'm a little bitter o_O
I got to rock with Van Halen, Motley Crue and Quite Riot all before they were famous
I've got to travel the world on the companies dime and played piano in hotels and small clubs while doing it
Made friends in all of those crazy places
Yeah and sure I have had my shit show moments with the cancer BS and I'm still having to screw with it and there are no guarantees that I'll get another year...but also no guarantee I won't.
My brother in law who I served as a ring bearer for at his wedding to my sister 65 years ago ( That's right they were married 65 years!) passed away a few weeks back and I'm putting music together for his celebration of life.... I'm ripping youtube video music to mp3 for the reception and I'd just snagged Jewels The shape of you...I was editing in audacity and youtube was on auto play ...I can't see the screen cause I have other apps up and I hear this clean fricking drumming enough to make me go who the heck is that?

Well it was Dave Goode who me being the lucky mofo I am get to play in a band with....which was the Impetice for me posting this thread in the first place....

Damn he is a kick ass drummer....

BTW he was in a really bad accident a few months back that left him broken up in the shoulder area.... He's still recovering but it is hopeful that he will have a full recovery...just gonna take some time...damn We've been using a sub that used to play with Brent killer drummer to but there is only one Dave and man it was starting to really feel Goode with him behind the skins....

Check this cat out....

Thanks man...I've mentioned it before but Dave toured with Frank Marino for around 15 years...till Frank had to semi retire due to health issues...damn health issues! Pfffft!

I think the bigger point of your post is the recognition of your blessings, to include working with a good drummer.

Good post on many levels.
Yep an attitude of gratitude is a very healthy pill to swallow every now and then. Especially in those dark times when it seems like life is unfair. I use the example of a scale where you put the great things in your life on one side and the not so great things on the other. When you really dig deep starting with the simple things we take for granted like being alive in the first place, being able to walk, talk, eat, love, laugh which usually are just taken for granted...then add the friends, family and material gifts that we all have....it is humbling when you look at the bad side of the scale....In my case Waaaaaaay overpaid but I am A-OK with that. Have a relative who spent about 10+ years completely paralyzed after a severe stroke....he was totally paralyzed and could only moan to let you know he was in there but could not move a muscle, couldn't open his eyes...highlights of the day were getting his diaper changed and rolled around to avoid the bed sores...To think there are millions of people like him around the world living such horrific existences...hard to stay sitting on the "poor me" pity pot for very long.

Have a relative who spent about 10+ years completely paralyzed after a severe stroke....he was totally paralyzed and could only moan to let you know he was in there but could not move a muscle, couldn't open his eyes...highlights of the day were getting his diaper changed and rolled around to avoid the bed sores...
I hear that. My dad had a massive life changing stroke when he was just 36 - in his absolute prime. Another one at 40 that took his life. After seeing that up close and personal - I have always said that I would much rather just die from a stroke than have to live like that - with severely diminished dignity.

• Sad
Reactions: TAE
You were born white in America.

Yeah....In Sunny Covina California on a street lined with Doctors, Dentist and Lawyers families... ( we were kind out of our league )
Surrounded by orange groves, creeks and beautiful mountains just a few miles north.
Catholic school...good and bad I define this experience Quite clear, no doubt, somehow, Ah, but I was so much older then. I'm younger than that now.
Tough as nails
Handsome
Smart as a whip
EXTREMELY Modest ;)

On a sad note for all of us of that era being I was lonely teenage bronking buck with a pink carnation and a pick up truck...and a 65 GTO!
Girls started burning bra's and wearing mini-skirts and Hot Pants! The horror of it all!!!!!!
Pot was cool and Vietnam wasn't
Yeah it all started out pretty OK and just seems to continue in this tortuous manner...what's a lucky boy like me to do....aside from smile with a shit eating grin and say damn!

I'M WAY OVERPAID!

I'M WAY OVERPAID!
And still paying taxes, even at your age!

All of Biden's attempts to provide loan forgiveness to college graduates aggravates me to no end. You borrow money, you pay it back, interest included. That's how it works.

Elderly people, like TAE, deserve TAX relief!

And still paying taxes, even at your age!

All of Biden's attempts to provide loan forgiveness to college graduates aggravates me to no end. You borrow money, you pay it back, interest included. That's how it works.

Elderly people, like TAE, deserve TAX relief!
I hear you. Some of us just worked to pay for our college. Sure it was only $800 a year, but we were making a whopping $1.60/ hr before SS and taxes. Net take home was $42 a week, so it took 20 weeks of pay just to cover tuition while still carrying a 15 or 16 hour load. But you could hustle, play in a band and make an additional $25-30 on a weekend a couple of times a month, which would cover your dates, gas for the car, meals, clothes, etc. Screw taking out loans, work for it if you want it! Pay as you go, or dig a deep hole that you can cry about!

And I've paid taxes every year since I retired.... that never stops.

But I'm not complaining. I've living comfortably, and enjoying my music and golf. I know people who are much worse off than me.

The harvest of old age is the recollection and abundance of blessing previously secured.

-Cicero-
That Cicero cat was a smart fellow guess that's why he got streets and cities named after him ...I don't think I have heard that quote before but man it rings true.

But I'm not complaining. I've living comfortably, and enjoying my music and golf. I know people who are much worse off than me.
I really enjoy playing golf but I'm a busy boy so it is hard to justify the time right now...but when I'm out there stinkin it up I love it! So with the remodHELL the wife was not really happy about me even talking about golf yet alone going out and playing... Ihaven't golfed on a real course in 10 months...I have played 9 on a par three twice this last month. It does take up a good chunk of a day and nibbles at the pocket book unless you want to play fancy and then it can take BIG BITES out of the wallet...I have a nice country club just a couple miles from me but they want $5K a year just to start...Here in LA we have a ton of municipal courses that are really nice.... Next week is Golf week for me , my son in laws and a couple buds.....Then it's back grind stone till September. Looking forward to next week...

LA County has 20 courses some are awesome, all are relatively reasonably priced to play and with a senior card even less expensive..Here's a link to the courses

This is one of the cooler Muni's in LA Los Verdes ...That's Catalina Island in the background...I can catch a back 9 in the AM for @ $20 / $32 for 18 with a cart! That's crazy and it's a decent course..Or go a couple miles down the road and Paly Trumps for $300+ a round...WTF?

1689682082669.png

That looks like a great place to toss a few balls into the ocean!

We have 10 muni courses, and if you buy an annual pass for $500, it only costs you $7 or $8 to walk 18 holes compared to the $18 to $24 that it would normally cost. I've been playing 3-4 times a week, so I'll get in well over 100 rounds a year. Unless there are slow players, during the week, we can be finished in under 3:30. Yesterday, we had a 7;42 tee time and I was home getting ready to eat lunch and watch the Nascar race by 11:30. Total cost... $10 (8 for green fee, $2 for the lost ball on hole #11🏌️‍♀️).

That looks like a great place to toss a few balls into the ocean!

We have 10 muni courses, and if you buy an annual pass for $500, it only costs you $7 or $8 to walk 18 holes compared to the $18 to $24 that it would normally cost. I've been playing 3-4 times a week, so I'll get in well over 100 rounds a year. Unless there are slow players, during the week, we can be finished in under 3:30. Yesterday, we had a 7;42 tee time and I was home getting ready to eat lunch and watch the Nascar race by 11:30. Total cost... $10 (8 for green fee, $2 for the lost ball on hole #11🏌️‍♀️).
I dare ask Mr. Golf 3 or 4 times a week dude,,,, (I hate you :laughings: ) what is your handicap?...
I can't break 90 but I break 100 more often than not..I suck but I love the pain.... I will break 90 this year damnit or at least trey as hard as heck to do so....

Yes I am sporting my Jamfest hat in this 2011 picture...Thanks Sky Blue lou!

1691639012562.png

I dare ask Mr. Golf 3 or 4 times a week dude,,,, (I hate you :laughings: ) what is your handicap?...
I can't break 90 but I break 100 more often than not..I suck but I love the pain.... I will break 90 this year damnit or at least trey as hard as heck to do so....
Playing this much has paid off. Before retirement, it was usually around 95 +/-. No more, my low round was 3 weeks ago, when I shot 80. Most times I'm in the mid to upper 80s, but the occasional 90+ sneaks in there. Monday, I was 44 on the front 9, and was 1 under par for the first 5 holes, only to bogey 16 and 17, and triple 18, although that was because I was tired and didn't take time putting. I must confess that I also moved up to the senior tees. I held out until my 70th birthday.

It also keeps me from gaining 30 pounds sitting around watching Judge Judy on the tube! 📺

That's quite a catch you have there. I'm not into fishing, there's not much here except for the Ohio River. There's no way I'm eating the fish from that water. Golf and guitars are enough vices, I guess.

Back