"Final Daze" (Revolutionary Acoustic Rock)

K-dub

Thanks in advance for your patience in rapid posting. I'm on the final leg of this album remix/rearrangement ... and we're down to the tweaking stage - where many ears on many systems is extremely informative and helpful.

Any/all comments warmly appreciated.

Last edited:
Acoustic sounds nice and punchy, but it's way too bright, IMHO.

Is it just me, or is the mix leaning heavily left?

Interesting track - kind of all over the place! (Not in a bad way, though.)

Lead vocal, although performed well, sounds a bit dark to me and doesn't seem to gel too well with the rest of the music. Not really sure how to describe it. Kind of seems dropped in rather than mixed in.

Acoustic sounds nice and punchy, but it's way too bright, IMHO.

Is it just me, or is the mix leaning heavily left?

Interesting track - kind of all over the place! (Not in a bad way, though.)

Lead vocal, although performed well, sounds a bit dark to me and doesn't seem to gel too well with the rest of the music. Not really sure how to describe it. Kind of seems dropped in rather than mixed in.
ALL good info - and THANK YOU!

Usually the "over the top" vocal "feeling" indicates that it's a bit too forward and dominating. I'll check on the left leaning feel as well. I hadn't picked that up myself ... but I'll look into it.

Thanks in advance for your patience in rapid posting. I'm on the final leg of this album remix/rearrangement ... and we're down to the tweaking stage - where many ears on many systems is extremely informative and helpful.

Any/all comments warmly appreciated.

The mix overall is very bright - I would get more lower mids into everything - the song is not bad - almost kind of a throwback song - sort of like a summing up of It's A Beautiful Day.

The mix overall is very bright - I would get more lower mids into everything - the song is not bad - almost kind of a throwback song - sort of like a summing up of It's A Beautiful Day.
Got it - worked on correcting - and I agreed w/ ALL the comments.

Thanks for the extra ears!

New mix up top.

Pretty bright as stated.

This might be a good source to reference. All acoustic except for the bass.

Got it - worked on correcting - and I agreed w/ ALL the comments.

Thanks for the extra ears!

New mix up top.
The new mix sounds almost identical to the older mix - still really bright - perhaps you are hearing it differently on your system?

The new mix sounds almost identical to the older mix - still really bright - perhaps you are hearing it differently on your system?
You'd be surprised how much I trimmed off the top. Still a ways to go, apparently. :D

Also an excellent example!
The way that the sound was created, the main singer/guitar player ran his pickups on the acoustic to an amp in an ISO box and EQ'd it on the amp, then mic'ed the amp inside the box and ran that to the input track. Might help you get a sound closer to what you are going for.

First and foremost: THANKS TO ALL for the input. Invaluable.

The comparative examples were particularly brilliant - pointing exactly to the sonic differential in ways text cannot replicate.

I'm still aiming for a slight edge to the acoustic ... but I also found a plugin that was adding a ton of "bite" to the guitar - so I eliminated it and trimmed the top end dramatically off.

Too much? Too little?

Big help, folks.

Thanks again!

New mix up top.

First and foremost: THANKS TO ALL for the input. Invaluable.

The comparative examples were particularly brilliant - pointing exactly to the sonic differential in ways text cannot replicate.

I'm still aiming for a slight edge to the acoustic ... but I also found a plugin that was adding a ton of "bite" to the guitar - so I eliminated it and trimmed the top end dramatically off.

Too much? Too little?

New mix up top.
That's much better - now you need to work on the playing - part of the problem is the way you are playing the acoustic.

For me, the acoustic needs to be brought closer to the vocals at the beginning. But It is very much going in the right direction.

That's much better - now you need to work on the playing - part of the problem is the way you are playing the acoustic.
That's a harder fix. I've been playing it this way for nearly 50 years. :D

What about it strikes you as "off"? Timing issues?

Back