Its crap

Hmmm. It just wouldn’t be a festive holiday season without some major drama.
The Holidays always seem to bring out both the best and the worse in folks....for many a lot of bad memories of not so great times...for others tons of good memories...depending on which side of the fence you're on it can be a pretty bad place to be. Seen a lot of folks get hammered this time of year to soften the pain.

I must have just missed whatever it was posted before it was edited (once again) by Mr. Smithers. Posting "It's Crap" and "Goodbye" in the recording techniques forum is flat out weird.

Nearly everyone here (long time members) have had disagreement with others in the past.

And every year, without fail, the Holiday season serves as a reminder that.......you get the idea.

He'll be back.

Sometimes if you're feeling glum, instead of cutting ties with whatever you are doing in life, why not just stop logging in and reading the forum. Give yourself a week off. People won't even notice who theyre talking to - I often read a post, disagree with it and then suddenly realise I'm disagreeing with myself. On every forum people tell the mods they want to leave. Some forums have rules and will not delete stuff, others do - but surely, the simplest thing to do is just not post. I've even tried to ujopin a forum to discover I was already a member. Theyre supposed to be fun and make you feel good by asking or answering other people's posts. If they become less fun - have a break.

Smithers got the hump because Gekko ZZed suggested he might be trolling. But he didn't quite get that he'd made a strange post that made a few people scratch their heads in wondering who the post was aimed at and he was also frustrated at having a bit of trouble in working out how his DAW operated {I'm with him on that one. I understand completely}. I guess the combined pressure caused his fissure to crack wide open.
I like Smithers. I hope he'll return.
why not just stop logging in and reading the forum....On every forum people tell the mods they want to leave...surely, the simplest thing to do is just not post
It never ceases to fascinate me when people make these big grandiose announcements of their intention to quit a thread or a forum. If one wants to leave a thread, just stop posting in it and better still, stop looking at it. If you want to leave a forum, telling the whole of cyberspace rarely has the effect of making the forum look like a terrible place to be.

in all forums (as in real life) there are evil people who identify the most sensitive characters and then start bullying them
That is true ¬> however, that's not the case here at the moment and it certainly isn't the case with Smithers.
I'm not going to go into it here but he does actually outline in a few posts just why he's so sensitive.

I think we ought to pay him $1000 to come back. No. Make that $5000. After all, 'tis Christmas time.

"Get back. Get back. Get back to where you once belonged."

I think we ought to pay him $1000 to come back. No. Make that $5000. After all, 'tis Christmas time.

"Get back. Get back. Get back to where you once belonged."
I am sorry, I have depression and had an angry meltdown. I have mental health issues and went beserk at the mod for calling me a troll which I am not. I need to take a break to try to sort my problems out, thanks

I know what's going on: in all forums (as in real life) there are evil people who identify the most sensitive characters and then start bullying them. This is a prevarication mechanism to establish who is alpha and who is not.
Smithers, If you feel like someone in here is harassing you you should report it to the moderators, that's usually how it works in the forums.
Nobody is harrassing me recycle, I just have my own issues to deal with. Its all cool man. Sorry lets just move on and talk about other stuff 😉🥰🥰

Sometimes if you're feeling glum, instead of cutting ties with whatever you are doing in life, why not just stop logging in and reading the forum. Give yourself a week off. People won't even notice who theyre talking to - I often read a post, disagree with it and then suddenly realise I'm disagreeing with myself. On every forum people tell the mods they want to leave. Some forums have rules and will not delete stuff, others do - but surely, the simplest thing to do is just not post. I've even tried to ujopin a forum to discover I was already a member. Theyre supposed to be fun and make you feel good by asking or answering other people's posts. If they become less fun - have a break.
Good advice, its me Rob. Apologies

Smithers got the hump because Gekko ZZed suggested he might be trolling. But he didn't quite get that he'd made a strange post that made a few people scratch their heads in wondering who the post was aimed at and he was also frustrated at having a bit of trouble in working out how his DAW operated {I'm with him on that one. I understand completely}. I guess the combined pressure caused his fissure to crack wide open.
I like Smithers. I hope he'll return.

It never ceases to fascinate me when people make these big grandiose announcements of their intention to quit a thread or a forum. If one wants to leave a thread, just stop posting in it and better still, stop looking at it. If you want to leave a forum, telling the whole of cyberspace rarely has the effect of making the forum look like a terrible place to be.
The forum is fine, the problem is mine 👍

Back