do any of you play pedal steel?

nice board

if ya ever need any parts made for that pedal steel let me know

Thanks in advance.
How do you mean...like you can do new machined metal parts, etc...or you have a good pedal steel parts source....?

I have to take a closer look at it, but there are few items that will need some attention, there's also a couple of pieces that could be improved.

Mines coming along but not as done as miro's, from the sounds of it.I imagine it'll be done by the weekend, if'n sumpin' shiny doesn't catch my eye.

I'm anxious to here what you got beez. I'm gonna have me one of them there country songs with steel guitar out the ass!
Don't get any better than that!
:)

I finished my pedal steel yesterday. Beat you!! :p

I didn't realize you were still doing the lap steel track.
Good...Jimistone now has more mixing options, and he can mix/blend between the pedal steel and lap steel tracks however it best fits, 'cuz my pedal steel playing was/is certainly not all clean or fancy.
I actually had to comp from a few passes because I just don't have the proficiency yet to play the whole length of the song without tossing out some clams 'n worts. :D

Here's a pic of my rig and the signal chain I used:

View attachment 93274

The pedal steel went to a Dunlop MXR Comp pedal, with some medium compression and it adds some nice sustain, which works well for pedal steel.
Then over to a Barking Dogs Very Tone pedal, which was actually in bypass. I just used it to add some volume, and even in bypass, it seems adds some bight pop the tone.
Then from there it went DI to my Langevin Dual Vocal Combo, using it's preamp section EQ to brighten and also roll off some lows, and then into its opto-limiter section for final peak smoothing.
From the DVC straight into my converter and my DAW (Samplitude ProX)

I just set up right in front of my mix position, and I could sit there watch the DAW screen and trigger Rec/Play and make adjustments without ever getting up form the pedal steel.
Cool rig!!!
I want one.
I'm on the way home now miro. Gonna download those files, load em up on cubase, and check it out!

Hey miro, I ve downloaded your files and listened to them. Nice work!
Great to e and clarity too.

Thanks in advance.
How do you mean...like you can do new machined metal parts, etc...or you have a good pedal steel parts source....?

I have to take a closer look at it, but there are few items that will need some attention, there's also a couple of pieces that could be improved.

I have been a machinist for 45 years and have access to CNC mills and lathes and can make parts.

jimi, I sent you a rough track (stereo mix with your track) just to give you a taste of my approach.Sent it directly to your email. Hope it got through. I didn't use the website you sent your file to me on.

jimi, I sent you a rough track (stereo mix with your track) just to give you a taste of my approach.Sent it directly to your email. Hope it got through. I didn't use the website you sent your file to me on.
Ok beez, there wasn't much activity on this thread and I haven't checked it until now. When I get home I'll download it with my laptop. I'm at work now and on my phone.
Thanks man!
Yeah I'm sure it will go through. I just use the wetransfer website because it's quick.

Ok beez, there wasn't much activity on this thread and I haven't checked it until now. When I get home I'll download it with my laptop. I'm at work now and on my phone.
Thanks man!
Yeah I'm sure it will go through. I just use the wetransfer website because it's quick.
Your job is really starting to interfere with the band, dude. Get your priorities straight!:D

Where's the track/project? No sign in the clinic, nor here. I'm psyched to hear!

Not to be a band wagon jumper, but i want me one of them steel geetars too!

I just spent the little I had saved up on another yamaha 02R digital board, already have one, couldn't help myself, couldn't pass it up at two fifty. Will have to sell something out of all the shit I have, anybody need any white EQs?

Where's the track/project? No sign in the clinic, nor here. I'm psyched to hear!

Not to be a band wagon jumper, but i want me one of them steel geetars too!
I'm waiting on some steel tracks from my collaborators. I'm going to post it in the clinic when I get all the steel tracks

Get ready to laugh your asses off.This is a piece of soft maple I hacked up, stuck an old acoustic guitar fretboard onto it. A set of chinsey classical guitar tuners, then attached my Roland GK3. It works beautifully! :D
Bettin' jimi's havin' 2nd thoughts about my involvement in this project!:eek:

Is that the same one you were playing in one of those jamfest videos what was posted some time back? If so, sounded good, genuine off the shelf store bought sound. Either way, helluva job. How far are the strings off the fret board?

I too am thinking about buying a pedal steel. I have found that you can buy a good used doubleneck, from the 1970s, for $1600 to $2500. A good used single neck from the same Era is aprox. $1200 to $1700. Emmons steels are more than that. I'm just not sure about a 40 year old instrument that is dependent on metal pedals, rodss, cabels, pulls, and a changer. Metal parts, like guitar frets, wear out. One could dish out a wad of money and end up with an unplayable money pit it would seem. Without knowing these instruments like the back of my hand, I wouldn't be comfortable buying a 40 year old used one....I wouldn't know what to ask and look for specifically. Plus a lot of these older used steels don't have 4 knee levers and 3 pedals.

The other route is to buy a new one. New ones are very high priced, but hold their value pretty well.

The guys on the steel guitar forum rave about the stage one pedal steel. It's a single neck with 4 knee levers and 3 pedals. They are made to order. You choose the finish. It's a brand spanking new pedal steel for $1000 with no negative feedback that i can find. It is very hard to find a used one...people seem to hold on to them. Some of those steel guitar forum guys, that have high end double necks, also have a stage one and use them to gig with because they say the stage one is very light weight and sound amazing. It's pretty much the consensus over there that there is no better bang for the buck on a brand new single neck.

I emailed the owner/builder and he told me that if ordered now I would be looking at August delivery. He said to just let him know the color and he will get started on it....

No initial deposit required!
stageonesteelguitars - Home

Back