Multi band or other compression to even out cymbal performances?

You've never heard of Shinedown? I'm an old man and I know who they are...
I never heard of them either. I'm not saying that's good or bad, just saying. But I also couldn't name you one song by Tool or Radiohead.

I'd never heard of them either so I googled 'em. Sound like a Knickerback (or whatever they're called) kinda thing. Cheese Rock!

Not my cup of tea at all.

I'd never heard of them either so I googled 'em. Sound like a Knickerback (or whatever they're called) kinda thing. Cheese Rock!

Not my cup of tea at all.
Yeah Googled them myself. That's some shit-awful sterile radio bro-rock. No thanks. I'm actually dumber now for knowing who they are.

Ewww,
I found them on utub & watched, tried to watch, a couple of vids but could only manage to get just past the almost stock standard acousticish intro before bombast drivel thing.
I think I'd rather be one of those juggathingohs than deal with Shinedown.

Ewww,
I found them on utub & watched, tried to watch, a couple of vids but could only manage to get just past the almost stock standard acousticish intro before bombast drivel thing.
I think I'd rather be one of those juggathingohs than deal with Shinedown.

:laughings:

You mean juggalos?

Shinedown fans are known as douchebaggios.

I never heard of them either. I'm not saying that's good or bad, just saying. But I also couldn't name you one song by Tool or Radiohead.
I used to be able to, but they haven't bee relevant in 10-15 years.

Shinedown fans

I'd put them on the same plane as dudes who dig Nickle Cack or Three Days Grace. Three Days Grace takes the Nobel Rat Piss Award for me. Regardless, their drummer probably IS shit. Although you wouldn't know because CLA put De-essers on all his overheads! :p

I'd put them on the same plane as dudes who dig Nickle Cack or Three Days Grace. Three Days Grace takes the Nobel Rat Piss Award for me. Regardless, their drummer probably IS shit. Although you wouldn't know because CLA put De-essers on all his overheads! :p

I honestly don't give half a shit what guys like CLA do. If you do something by default just because some radio shill does it in mega budget pro studios, then shame on you.

Phil Spector has made more hit records than CLA. Phil Spector pumped the entire mix into a concrete bunker through loudspeakers and mic'd that room for the reverb. Yall better start doing that every time. If a pro does it, that means joe blow home recorder better do it too.

See how stupid that sounds?

I honestly don't give half a shit what guys like CLA do. If you do something by default just because some radio shill does it in mega budget pro studios, then shame on you.

Phil Spector has made more hit records than CLA. Phil Spector pumped the entire mix into a concrete bunker through loudspeakers and mic'd that room for the reverb. Yall better start doing that every time. If a pro does it, that means joe blow home recorder better do it too.

See how stupid that sounds?

Dude, I was kidding about CLA using de-essers on drums! Don't get your panties in a bunch.

As for Phil Spector...if I had a reverb chamber I can't say i wouldn't try it!

Dude, I was kidding about CLA using de-essers on drums! Don't get your panties in a bunch.

As for Phil Spector...if I had a reverb chamber I can't say i wouldn't try it!

You missed the broader point. But that's okay.

although it would not surprise me if that CLA guy does use de-essers on drums, therefore, everyone else will too.

Good info here in the replies.. after some trial and error, I found the right spot (or rather what i feel is the right spot) for my OH last week. The problem might be that one of the crashes is just louder than the other.

If thats the case then don't use that cymbal. Problem solved.

Back