I want!!!!

Lt. Bob

Spread the Daf!
Catalinbread RAH

ain't gots no money but I have to have it.

I'll find something to sell.

I don't care about playing Zep all that much but good lord I want that sound for other things.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....that is sweeeeeeeeeet!

I think that's going to be a Christmas present to myself..... :)

Page has always been at the top of my favorite guitarist list...and that also includes his guitar tone, and that thing nails it in spades! :cool:

I don't care about playing Zep all that much but good lord I want that sound for other things.

Yup...I agree. I like Zep, but I don't really play Zep...though I want that tone!

That guy Howard Gee in the video doing "Since I've Been Loving You"....is great. Has Page down cold!

That's pretty cool. I'd say that's one of the few copycat pedals that performs as advertised.

I didn't read too much at the link. Are you supposed to use it through a clean channel and just let the pedal do all of the work?

That's pretty cool. I'd say that's one of the few copycat pedals that performs as advertised.

I didn't read too much at the link. Are you supposed to use it through a clean channel and just let the pedal do all of the work?
that's how they used it in the demos I've listened to. A Twin set clean.

I would imagine, although I really want to know how it works. Does the tone of the amp not affect the effectiveness of the pedal?

I just built one of these based on the schematic I found...it sounds amazing through a clean twin, or a clean dr. z maz18.

I ran it through the maz set with a little OD already, and it wasn't great. It also doesn't stack well with other pedals. But, straight into a clean amp it's amazing, and really does nail the sound in the videos, and I don't even use humbuckers that often either!

Why do we have to pay $190 for a stompbox to reproduce what Paige was singularly capable of accomplishing with a guitar and an amp?

Sorry, but I hate all stompboxes with the exception of wah pedals and octave pedals.

Stompbox replication of someone elses' tone isn't a substitute for individual creativity.

A jobbing musco who has to recreate sounds for gigs needs something portable & esy.
"Tribute" acts would be better served using the gear if avaiable.
Home recorders & those who play for fun will have limited access to "gear".
I wouldn't buy the pedal for myself but can't see it being a problem for others.
i understand about individuality and creativity but sometimes a "sound" is a "sound" otherwise folk wouldn't buy Marshall, Mesa Boogie, LP, etc.
The price is good compared to tthe hendrix & May boxes about - yeah, it may be a 1 trick pony but for many it's affordably so.

it's not someone else's tone. It's a good tone which is why i want it ...... to do things I want to do with it.

I don't give a crap about recreating Page's tone ..... I give a crap about having what i heard in the demos available to me for my own purposes.

Why do we have to pay $190 for a stompbox to reproduce what Paige was singularly capable of accomplishing with a guitar and an amp?

But that's just it...you would need the same amp that Page used at that point in time.
With this stomp, you get the tone for $190 in a small compact box that will work with many amps.

Yeah, some guys will buy it mainly to try and "be" Page, and that's their thing...but forget Page, the tones that box puts out are really sweet, and the stomp has dials, so you certainly can personalize the tone....no different than using the same amp that Page did and then dialing in your own settings.

Really...only Page will sound exactly like Page...so I don't think anyone with half a brain will think they are Page just 'cuz they use this box....no different than all the guys slinging Les Pauls.

I was never obsessed with using stomps. When I see guys who have like 20 pedals daisy-chained and often running 5-6 at a time to get their tone, I think it's a bit overkill...but I still have a bunch of pedals on hand just for those times when I want something different than just what the amp is doing.
Guys that gig usually need to have a few stomps if their song lists demand a wide variety of tones, otherwise they can't cover everything as authentically if that's their goal.

$190 is not "cheap"...but there's others way more expensive.
The most expensive OD stomp I have sells for about $525, though I only paid $300 for it.
At the time I thought I was nuts...but the damn things sell at $525 regularly, so I figured it must be good, and if I didn't like it, I could sell it and get my money back.
I still have it. It's a Dirty Boy Ball Buster, made by Blues Saraceno's father...he makes a bunch of other pricey, boutique pedals...and they all sell.
I had purchased a Bogner Shiva from Blues Saraceno...and it was his father handling the transaction, so we started talking, and I knew about his pedals...and he said he would sell me one direct, built to order, and only for $300, which was about what he sold it for to the retailers.
I've never seen a pedal with this much gain. You can set your amp on like 1...and the Ball Buster can kick it in the ass and make it sound like it's on 8.

Anyway...I'm sure the Catalinbread RAH will end up on my pedal shelf. :)

I have a pedalboard with ..... lemme see ....... 7 pedals on it, not counting the tuner ...... gonna be 8 once I get this one.
It's not for the studio though .......... it's a gigging board.

I have a pedalboard with ..... lemme see ....... 7 pedals on it, not counting the tuner ...... gonna be 8 once I get this one.
It's not for the studio though .......... it's a gigging board.

So when you gig, what will you be using it with? The clean channel on the Mark V? Does that do a clean Twin sound fairly accurately?

If it works with a clean Twin, it ought to work with a clean Deluxe, right? A Deluxe is on my short list at the moment. I wonder if it would work with a clean Blues Jr?

Have you met 60'sguy? This is what he does when the weekend is near.

oh yeah, he changed his picture so it threw me off. i forgot he likes to drop meaningless bombs to start fights.

i got an idea...if you wanna spend $190 (to be uncreative or creative) do it, if you don't...don't.

Miro, I was pretty anti-pedal for a long time...but I'm really starting to see their use.

I use a few delays, reverb (since my main amp doesn't have any), vibrato, a couple ODs, boost (for solos and leads), volume, wah, a couple noise makers...it adds up pretty quick. I run about 12-15 on a board at a time, but I also make a lot of them so it's cheap and fun.

I've started to have this f-it attitude about gear. Meaning, if that's the gear you wanna use to get the sound you think you need...f-it, it don't care. I'll use what I wanna use, you use what you wanna use and if it sounds good it sounds good...who cares how you got there.

Back