My wife said what?!?!?

My wife bought me a banjo for my birthday. Love that girl. :)

Like Miro, I'll bring something new home and tell her it's been here for a while. I get stuff for work delivered to the house all the time so when I'm expecting a delivery from Sweetwater, I'll tell her it's for work. :D

You don't need to buy banjo's in our town, just park the car unlocked and someone will leave one on the back seat while you are away.

Alan.

My wife bought me a banjo for my birthday. Love that girl. :)

Like Miro, I'll bring something new home and tell her it's been here for a while. I get stuff for work delivered to the house all the time so when I'm expecting a delivery from Sweetwater, I'll tell her it's for work. :D

Man I'd kill to have a job that had anything to do with music! Couldn't imagine the day I'm at work and getting pre-amp shipments and such for work-related tasks. Sounds fun! Where do you work?

Alas, I need to pay the bills so for me, music and recording must be a side income at best! :(

I got a new drumset, I wasnt necessarily trying to keep it a secret but, since I got it moved downstairs before she got home, I wasnt in a hurry to tell her either. What I didnt consider was her hearing! I hadnt even got the last drum tuned completly and she was already downstairs giving me the look! She could hear something new. I guess women are better listeners than men!!

LOL @ Miroslav leaning on his "old" baby grand that he's "had for ages" with a big grin on his face.......

They do it with clothes all the time, fair's fair!

"Umm.. this C414? Yeah, I found it in the closet under that 'old' purse of yours, musta been there for at least a year.."

Play along and you can get yours too!

Man I'd kill to have a job that had anything to do with music! Couldn't imagine the day I'm at work and getting pre-amp shipments and such for work-related tasks. Sounds fun! Where do you work?

Alas, I need to pay the bills so for me, music and recording must be a side income at best! :(

No, no , no, I don't have a job in the music industry. But when I order something for the studio, something expensive, I tell my wife it's for work when it's delivered. She doesn't know the difference. I get stuff delivered to the house all the time for work.

Yeah Honey, uh sweetwaters?? They're a supplier honey, Just another one of those linear gizmahoochits they keep sending me, nothing important. Hey, can you put it in my studio? Thanks babe, you're the best.

Haha. You guys. =P

I'm lucky to have a partner who actually finds it exciting that I play music. =D We don't live together, but if we did, and she were to end up telling me how to spend my own money [unless of course, I were to for some reason spend money which should have been used for bills], we wouldn't be living together much longer. =P

I must be the luckiest guy ever. I have no judgment from my wife, with or for anything really. She just asks that I spend some time with her when I can. She is even able to sleep through drum tracking sessions. Hmm...is she my imaginary wife????

lol!

She is just a really cool woman who loves me, and understands what it is that makes me, well 'me'. I lucked out with my Michelle!! I love my wife!

We don't have any young children, and our house was purchased with the plans of the whole basement being my 'man cave'. Well, except for the laundry room...

LOL I built my entire studio like this, silently bringing each new item to the garage! Surely she remembers the day last spring when I bought my first item - a little Tascam DP008 recorder. And now she sees my garage filled with gear. I wonder is she has any idea how much I've spent (even I'm foggy on the number!)

So, like him, at least I trade up or find ways to fund some of it without it obviously interfering with our shared bank account! :)

Yes, that's what I'm planning to do with my mics. I've self-imposed a cap of 12 mics, which I just reached. So now I'm planning to sell my Sennheiser e835 and "trade up" to possibly a ribbon mic. That way the count never changes.

Unfortunately, my wife has actually looked at my mic collection recently and tends to notice details, so I have a feeling she will notice anyway.

Metro you need to get a new mic locker.
Jimmy you are just a jammy git.
We all seem to be gear smugglers.
Like my wife says "Pfff What this old thing i've had it ages i just never got round to wearing it."
I say whats good for the goose is good for the gander and if i'd spent as much money on gear as she has on failed excersice machines over the decades i'd need a bigger man cave.

No, no , no, I don't have a job in the music industry. But when I order something for the studio, something expensive, I tell my wife it's for work when it's delivered. She doesn't know the difference. I get stuff delivered to the house all the time for work.

Yeah Honey, uh sweetwaters?? They're a supplier honey, Just another one of those linear gizmahoochits they keep sending me, nothing important. Hey, can you put it in my studio? Thanks babe, you're the best.

Oh I see! haha. Well I'm the other way around...I sneakily get all my stuff shipped to my work so 1) she doesn't see it (yet) and 2) I actually receive it when they deliver it as opposed to missing the delivery at my door because I work days. The lady at our front counter just knows now that anything coming in for me is music related and personally walks it back to my office and is always interested in knowing "what's this new thing do now?". :D

I can think of a fun way of shocking the front counter girl with a special order... maybe she'll even want a demonstration on "what's this new thing do now?".

I have to admit, as cool as I think my wife is, I know she wants more shoes, so I occasionally don't mention when new gear arrives. She does work corporate hours, and I don't, so shoe delivery/gear delivery happens when she isn't around. Even tho, somehow, I manage to wear the panties in this house! lol

My wife and I have system every 10 pairs of new shoes she gets... I get a new guitar! I have 12 guitars, you do the math on how many shoes she has.

Back