Good Monitors For Rap Instrumentals/ Do my mixes sound O.K?

what up, kilowatt? Welcome to HR.

Basically, monitors shouldn't sound "good" or "flattering". Monitors should sound "accurate". You can spend a shitload of money on them. The good news is that you can train your ear to mix on just about any speakers. Just listen to your mixes on as many different sources as you can so that you can figure out what sounds are over/under represented in your room with your speakers.

Your room is as big a part of the equation as your speakers. Tackle them one at a time and give your ears plenty of time to adjust.

Resist any urge to mix with headphones.

As for favorites, people are just going to list what they have. How much do you want to spend, and what is your room like?

I'd recommend Alesis M1 320 USB's if your on a budget they are only about $100 new and I mix everything from beats to electronic to rock and the mixes sound great everytime

what up, kilowatt? Welcome to HR.

Basically, monitors shouldn't sound "good" or "flattering". Monitors should sound "accurate". You can spend a shitload of money on them. The good news is that you can train your ear to mix on just about any speakers. Just listen to your mixes on as many different sources as you can so that you can figure out what sounds are over/under represented in your room with your speakers.

Your room is as big a part of the equation as your speakers. Tackle them one at a time and give your ears plenty of time to adjust.

Resist any urge to mix with headphones.

As for favorites, people are just going to list what they have. How much do you want to spend, and what is your room like?

WORD +1

Best monitors would be your posse. They will have your back if the sh!t is true. ;)

Not sure how we're supposed to know how your monitors sound if we listen to your clip through OUR monitors. :eek: I'm pretty sure you could have come up with a more clever way of getting people to click this

Sorry, I didn't bite. :)

Try reading the title of the thread.
It says Good Monitors For Rap Instrumentals/ Do my mixes sound O.K?
He's clearly asking 2 separate questions

Try reading the title of the thread.
It says Good Monitors For Rap Instrumentals/ Do my mixes sound O.K?
He's clearly asking 2 separate questions
Try reading his first post.
I have been looking around for monitors, and wanted to know what people's favorite ones were first handed and also if the ones here sounded alright]

Now, I realize most rappers can't write a proper sentence to save their lives. But I'm just going by what he typed.

Either way, it's a lame attempt at spamming his page for clicks. :rolleyes:

Try reading his first post.

Now, I realize most rappers can't write a proper sentence to save their lives. But I'm just going by what he typed.

Either way, it's a lame attempt at spamming his page for clicks. :rolleyes:

Hey, Leave us rappers alone :(

Do you think its easy getting shot at by gangsta's?

You should only mix rap through headphones by Dr Dre

All my stuff comes out sounding like sappy, crappy, lame soft guitar pop even though I record it as cutting edge, hardcore rap because I don't use Dr Dre headpones but use KRK monitors
:rolleyes:

I used to use KRK's for rap, but once I switched to KKK's, my rap got much better.

KRK+VXT+4+SE+MONITOR.JPG

Excuse me, but most "rappers" that come on here are white wanna-be's. Race didn't even cross my mind, and wasn't even hinted at. It obviously crossed SOMEONE'S mind though. :rolleyes:

Back