Sure is quiet around here...

RE: Sure is quiet around here...

I actually let one a few minutes ago but it was more of a seeper, I doubt very much you would have heard much of anything.

Any of you guys seen this tape echo before?

Just figured y'all were bored,..and what else can be better than to check out some old vintage analog gear.

Check it out,...I've seen a many Echoplex's,
But never one like this. Although, I prefer The higher end Roland units,
This one is quite interesting.

Every now, and again,...I run across an old RARE piece of gear like this.

I've been wanting to build my own custom "tube" tape echo, w/ effects that are not currently in other tape echos. But then again, it would not be a "PURE" analog tape echo,...'cause I'm sure I'd only be able to use digital effects to achieve what I'm lookin' to get out of it. Like say reverse reverb, flange, & slicer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Echoplex-Groupm...317?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item20b3a9cd75

Just been playing and practicing and a little recording. I really like having this little MFB drum box to play along with.

I've been liking my vocal sound up close thru an omni mike with heavy compression.

I did get the care package of M-23 stuff from Mitch, which is mentioned in another thread.

Cheers,

Otto

Is this the thread where we mention anything?

I just picked up a Soundcraft series 200 mixer, 8 channel, and a Tascam 130 cassette deck off of Craigslist. Still not sure if I like the Soundcraft or the M-35 better. :confused: The cassette deck has 3 heads, looks spanking new and has 3 heads and a pitch control, which I'm hoping will come in handy for tape echo.

I didn't really have any purpose when I originally put up tbhe thread, but if it turned into a stream of truncated topics I'd be pretty excited...

Made good headway on the house today...friends came over and helped out.

I overdid it with my herniated disk...now on the floor hoping the feeling in my foot comes back.

My favorite color is green.

I used to be in a band called "Deadpan Cool"...we were in a lineup of opening bands for a Greatful Dead show...they never showed...We got billed as "Cool Fun Dead" on the posters.

Is this the thread where we mention anything

LOL! Sorry about that... just meant that I've been busy doing music stuff, when I have time, and haven't had much to say.

And while I'm posting again in this stream of consciousness thread, one other sort of random, analog thing is that I'm thinking of picking up a few old spring reverb tanks and tinkering with them a bit to bring some analog reverb back into my recordings.

Cheers,

Otto

We used to have a rabbit...he ate the power cord to my dad's 424 mkII.

I used to have a Rabbit GTI...and a diesel Rabbit...my wife had a Rabbit L.

I had to cut some rabbets in some trimwork this weekend.

I'm trying to figure out how I can use the seven-story concrete stairwell in my apartment building as an AWESOME echo chamber without getting evicted... ;)

Oh, Jeff! At my work thre is a concrete vault for the stairwell...just two stories but I tell ya I think about that very same thing every time I go up to the second floor...I bet that 7-story tower sounds incredible...you know, I guess it depends on what you are recording in there, but if you had a part established it could take just minutes of noise to get what you need...or just use it like the classic echo chamber and put a mic at the top or bottom and a monitor at the bottom...sweet-sweet echo/reverb chamber...on the last project I worked on we were recording in a church basement...there were three large rooms we used for tracking rooms and all three adjoined a very long large hall with lots of glass and we threw two Crown PZM's on the floor, one at each end of the hall...seriously the best reverb I have EVER worked with.

There are these things called "tin shingles" that go behind the joints of hardiplank siding...the've got a lip on them...dangit if we haven't been putting them on upside down...complete ignoramous.

LOL! Sorry about that... just meant that I've been busy doing music stuff, when I have time, and haven't had much to say.

And while I'm posting again in this stream of consciousness thread, one other sort of random, analog thing is that I'm thinking of picking up a few old spring reverb tanks and tinkering with them a bit to bring some analog reverb back into my recordings.

Cheers,

Otto

No, need to be sorry! That's not what I meant at all. :)

Funny you mention the spring verb! because I almost mentioned mine in this thread too. I just took mine out again and rather than return/send I used it on a channel insert and it sounded great! I think I like it better than the yamaha dig verb I have. It's a Traynor MX8 and going on 40 years old so I'm thinking of recapping it. If I can find the right caps. What I've found so far seem kind of expensive.

Hm...

Sure is quiet around here...

I elected to have somebody I'd only known for 5 minutes stick a needle 4~5" up my back in between my tailbone and sacrum...:spank:

...he showed me pictures at the end.

It'd be funny if the pictures they showed you came out like those picture-booth pictures at the fair.

Back