Blue Bear Studios

SteveM

Has Blue Bear been around a long time and are they out of San Francisco? I picked up a used vinyl yesterday by a fingerpicker named Dane Miller and it was recorded at Blue Bear Studios in 1975. I know I've seen the name around here so I thought I'd tell him I found a record he recorded. If it's the same place.

Has Blue Bear been around a long time and are they out of San Francisco? I picked up a used vinyl yesterday by a fingerpicker named Dane Miller and it was recorded at Blue Bear Studios in 1975. I know I've seen the name around here so I thought I'd tell him I found a record he recorded. If it's the same place.

If I had to guess, Bruce woulda been about 10 years old in 1975.........

Well then tell Bruce he has to change his name before he gets sued. :D
Common sense dictates that it isn't wise to feed or tell a bear anything he won't eat or will not like hearing.

Tell him yourself.

Bring cannolis. :)

I'm not gonna tell him. :eek: You tell him. :eek:

Oh, a word of advice: Run downhill when being chased by a bear. :D

Is it true you run downhill? :DWhat if there's no hill? I guess that's a pretty big dilemma because no one really knows what to do if your confronted by a bear. :eek:

Clap sticks together, no climb a tree, unless its a Brown bear because they climb trees, so freeze, no play dead :eek:

Is it true you run downhill? :DWhat if there's no hill? I guess that's a pretty big dilemma because no one really knows what to do if your confronted by a bear. :eek:

Clap sticks together, no climb a tree, unless its a Brown bear because they climb trees, so freeze, no play dead :eek:

Actually, what you are supposed to do is not make direct eye contact, and move slowly and quietly away from the area. Bear's by nature are actually scared of humans and would rather avoid them because they are an unknown entity in a natural environment. Keep in mind most bears are content eating berries or fish in shallow rivers as apposed to larger game like us. But, like us, if threatened, they will defend their territory. Playing dead is sort of a last resort option if you can't get away from the area.

Cheers! :)

What if the bear keeps repeating the same post :confused:

Also, black bears climb trees, not brown bears.

Brown bears just whack them down and eat you :eek:

Blue bears insult your mixes until you cry. Then you feel real bad so you just let them eat you :(

A couple I knew were backpacking in Alaska on their honeymoon. They crested a ridge at the same time that a bear was topping the ridge at the same place from the other side. They had a real puckery moment, then the bear reversed course and went back the way he had come. They did the same and took a wide detour. They laughed about it later, but it was a scary time.

Whatever happened to old Brucey?

http://www.bluebearsound.com/news.htm

"Blue Bear Sound's Bruce Valeriani along with Click Track Audio's Wayne Hawthorne are busy judging this year's Kiwanis Idol competition.

The auditions were held Aug 4-6 and there was some tremendous talent. There will be a showcase of the top 20 singers from 11am-4pm on Aug 11th at Festival Plaza (corner Laurier/Elgin), and the semi-finals & finals will be on Sep 1st and 2nd."

I TOTALLY would have loved to see this...

Back