Where Can I find Songwriting Opportunities?

MikeDMusic

Hello,
I'm a songwriter and I'm trying to find some new outlets for songs. I was wondering if anybody had any good clues as to where I can find people who need songs written. I will write anything in any style, long, short, pop, country, hard rock, reggae, whatever. I'm trying to pay for college...but seeing as how I'm studying songwriting I figured why not take a shot early and get a head start. I have already written a song for a nationally published childrens book entitled "Adventure Girls" written by Rebecca Emberley. So I have some experience...i'm just looking for MORE. Thanks for the help.

Mike D

Start talking to the local TV/radio stations and advertising companies that buy time on them.

Somebody's got to write those jingles for the local companies....

A moe professional approach ...

Found this one checking so-called songwriter "contests" and "competitions" where everybody with an entry fee gets an 'honorable mention" and sometimes a certificate that is equally worthless.

songwritersradioservice.com

Seems they've worked out a process to put songwriter's demos directly into radio broadcasters and music users hands without any 'membership', additional 'service' fees that go on forever, or 'judges' with a huge string of flops (far outrunning their successes) in their bailiwick.

Be sure to stand by for the self-appointed 'protectors' here at homerecording.com to light up with their very predictable idiocies. Just check it out for yourself. I asked some questions via the on-line links, and got very satisfactory answers from both SRS and the several Brokers.

It may not be something for you. If so, reading their site to find out won't hurt anything.

Walter Abbott

Back