Tips and Technique about Singing

strikefreedomky

Hi guys, i am new here, but i would like to give u guys some tips and technique on singing.

I just read some posts and i saw ppl asking a lot of questions about singing, and why do they sound nasal or blah blah.

First of all, i would like to tell u guys what is support(i know every teacher is talking about this...lol)

For me, when i learn support i just breath in normally, just relax and breath, everyone can do it, we are born to breath with the diaphragm, but some of us forgot it and started to use upper breathing method which is not good.
If u guys cant do it, try to lie down and breath, like when u are about to sleep.
Thats how it feels. its the most natural way of breathing while sleep.

Secondly, Sing in your range!

Well, i just found out its really important to do so, cuz this can give you more stamina and freedom while singing, and remember.. dont try to sing like your favorite singing, u can learn their style but not their voice!

To find your own range, try to sing a scale, and work out slowly to the top and the bottom, remember dont push hard! If you have 16-18 keys, u are really doing great.

I have a range of 25 notes, but it takes me 2 years to really learn how to use them. The other thing is, i can never make use of them all, most songs require 14-18 only.

Thirdly, Protection your voice.

I dont really protect my voice, and now i am in vocal rest again, lol.
I really regret doing so.. this is about discipline, u have to stop shouting, drinking, and smoking if u want to have a great voice!

And here are some tips to sing better.

In the lower notes, u dont need that much air. Dont push in the low registry, its not necessary! When u are singing some extreme low notes, like the lowest of yours, u cannot sing it out, it not possible!.

But for high notes, u need a lot more air then the lower once. Use the power of the diaphragm and push some air out. But remember, dont push too hard the attack of the vocal folds have to be reduced to minimum!
Try let the air comes before the voice, the attack will be a lot smaller!

For those who sings in nasal. Try to hum and adjust the vibration in your head.If its in your nose, its too high, try make the placement lower! Try to make your lips vibrate instead.

Thats the basic.. i guess.
Do more scales, relax when you sing!

The best thing is go find a teacher!

Back