thoughts on this music???

Scriabin

hi everyone,
i just posted some compostions on the net yesterday and i was hoping anyone could give it a listen and tell me what they think. Ive never had anyone listen to some of my more obscure music and i'd love to hear your thoughts.
its not your average run of the mill stuff. its more along the lines of sheer madness with ethnic, electronica,classical, ambient and even some rock flavorings. its pre-cooked, ready to serve and comes in a convenient resealable bag for easy storage.

http://nowhereradio.com/artists/alternative/mysterium

i appreciate your thoughts!
thanks in advance,
scriabin

Scriabin:

You might have better luck getting feedback if you post it in the mp3 mixing clinic, a few doors down.

for the bed i just used some different "industrial" style loops and combined this with the mbira melody. in the meantime vox synths are panning left and right kind of like thier echoing each other. Funnily enough the drums were recorded in a professional studio that surpasses mine so im not sure of the set up they used. for a relatively small amount of instruments it makes for an interesting instrumental. im glad you liked it! thanks
scriabin

I listened to it too.
Basiclly I'm a blues rocker, so the first time through I was kept waiting for a ripping lead.
~ shrugs ~
Shows what I know.
Anyway, before I'd listened to the last song, I was kicked back in my chair, drifting like one of those relaxed people who use music for therapy.
I felt so durn good I listened to it all again.
That's some pretty good stuff there, Scriabin.
I've not listened to very much music like that before, so I really can't give you any feed back other than it's theropudical, on me anyway.
I'm gonna have my drummer listen to it. He needs something like this.

Scriabin; yep I said post it here but it wasn't my idea. it seems that that idea didn't really take off the way it was intended.

I will listen over the weekend and get back to you. I can imagine that it will take a few listenings and I don't have the time right now.

That is some very cool stuff. I especially liked "good evening...ladies and gentlemen". I don't really know enough about that kind of music to critique it, though.

I said I'd listen to them and I tried but they were bufferieng every other second that played (so I had to stop). The downloads take to long so I'll revisit again when hopefully it will play properly.

Back