Tavern musical tunes & 3 others...

Jim_L

http://helloconcord.com/Music/Band.Cfm?MUID=2625

The Tavern songs are from a musical comedy I wrote for my son's high school which is currently under production (if your in Pembroke NH April 12-14, stop by...). The 'Ocean' songs are just some ideas I put down. All the tunes were done on a Tascam DP01FX 8 track except "Feelin Fine" which I redid based on the original theme music ditty (not on the site anymore) and "What am i to do" and the 'upgraded/orchestrated' "Fairy Godmother Rap" which I added some strings using my new Korg synth - those 'new' versions were done on my new Korg D3200 32 track which I'm still getting the hang of. These are rough demos for the school students to learn by.

The school's music dept will be backing up the tunes with a 17-20 piece orchestra (hence the newer FGrap version to give me an idea of what it might sound like...).

equipment (8 track):
Alvirez-Yari acoustic, Ibanez G10 strat copy (my son's), Peavy 5 string bass, Zoom drum machine & a EV vocal band mic (I had to sing sideways at it to avoid popping) all vocal & guitar effects (chorus & distortion) from the Tascam.

equipment (32 track):
A-Y acoustic, Korg X50 synth (fgrap), Ibanez Artcore semi-hollow electric (my new baby!), Carvin cm87s mic (got rid of the old mic, still getting familiar with the new one... now if I could just remember how to sing again...), the Peavy bass, Behringer Vamp pedal (this things great! blows away a pod.. as far as direct reording goes...).

I also used a new Alesis DM5 drumkit (I haven't played in years) I had recently picked up on "Feelin' Fine" as I traded in the D-machine, the "FGRap" and "What" drums are the Korg deck's built in Session Drums.

I just traded the bass and a Boss GT8 (I only record direct - no amps or computers and the pedalboard sounded great in the store and through my Line 6 Spider 2 amp, but not direct) for a Roland GR20 guitar synth (picking it up Friday) so now I'll be a little better with all those other instruments I can't play - i'm not a keyboard player either... ;>)
-Jim

Hey, some really nice stuff in there! I liked the groove for the songs in the school musical.

I particularly liked Stormfront though .. the start made me think of a kind of maritime "Riders on the Storm" .. then it developed into very much it's own thing. Where did you get the gull from?

Thumbs up! :)

Sorry for the late reply, I tried my hand at using the computer to add the gull & wave sounds to the tune. It was just something I found on the net and kept copying & pasting the thing to make it long enough to cover the length of the tune. What a pain that was. I can't even remember the free software's name I used. It's been long deleted...

Back