A recording of my riot song, tell me what you think.

Max Mediocre

So I recorded this over last weekend, and put a trumpet part in it a couple days ago. Tell me what you think, how the words work with the music and all that. Any advice on singing or musicianship or production or anything would be great too.

It's the first one, joan of arc.

thanks guys.
neil

just listening to it now man....on my second run of it.......not to keen on the horns, especially in the break in the middle as they seem to drift out of key. the vocals are good, the whole flow of the song has a leonard cohen feel to me (which is a compliment). theres no real hook to the song, it just seems to sit at the same level through out, which is no bad thing, i guess its just a matter of what music you are into. many people may finding it a bit depressive, but for me who is a fan of the likes of cohen, conor oberst etc. its a good tune. keep it up.

Yeah, I felt the biggest flaw in the song was that it's kind of flat (in terms of structure and feeling, not tuning) - the horn breaks it up a bit, but yeah it's slightly out of tune in places. i'm not sure if i like that or dislike it. I'm going to add a violin or cello to it, I think, which might really breathe some life into the song.

Back